steering column

Hi i have just replaced the steering column bushes and I have a spare part on the column assembly (the hollow aluminium tube that the steering column slides through). The spare part is collar that is about 2 cm wide and 2mm thick. It is not a complete collar it is about 300 degrees. I have it fitted on the column but has no where to go. It looks like it should fit in the column clamp but I have the spring clip that fits there. I have attached a photo. The spare part is on the left next to the spring clip. Above the is the steering column assembly. The photo would not attach.

Any help or advice would be very welcome.

Andy

post-8685-0-35041200-1430828218_thumb.jpg

I think the part you are refering to is that shown in the attached photo of my steering column. But it is not shown in the correct position as detailed in gloide69's posting.

I had exactly the same problem as youeself trying to work out the correct loction of this part when I was re-assembling my steering column.