Soft top - Correct way to fold down?

Can anyone explain, or point me in the direction of an explanation, of how the soft top correctly folds down, particularly the side windows. The sharp angle at the bottom rear of the clear plastic side window has come detached from the main cover for an inch in both directions on both sides so I must be doing something wrong. Any advice gratefully received.

Andy

When you drop the hood undo the three poppers each side behind the doors and the poppers across the top centre pocket inside then undo your front catches. Stand to the side of the car and as you lift the hood frame front then grip the centre of the hood just above the rear window and lift the material as you bring the frame back over keeping it clear of the hood frame and laying it down over the boot lid. Make sure that the hood is totally free of the frame and then fold the side window sections in over at the inner edge of the side windows on to the middle of the hood. Then fold the entire hood forward over the frame and fit the hood cover or tonneau. It is usually a good idea to put a bit of cloth over each catch to stop them rubbing on the hood.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

Thank you Stuart, I will give that a go in the morning. Just for info, my replacement hood as it does not have a top centre pocket.

Hmm you may well find that without that on a hot day during a high speed run it will balloon up then and stretch.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

Can anyone explain, or point me in the direction of an explanation, of how the soft top correctly folds down, particularly the side windows. The sharp angle at the bottom rear of the clear plastic side window has come detached from the main cover for an inch in both directions on both sides so I must be doing something wrong. Any advice gratefully received.

Andy

I don't know if it works the same on others models but here is a link to a youtube video of the method for a TR6 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS2FhnWK6_o