What Colour for a TR5 ? For a bit of Fun - Suggestions

Hello all

As you have probably seen, I am re-building a 5 for my other half Fiona who has the task of choosing the colour combinations.

Fiona does not like the standard colours. So these are banned..

If this were your car, what colour would you choose and with what interior/hood colours ?

Anything goes, free suggestions, but bear in mind she may want to sell in a few years time.

What I can say, is that the wheels are standard with the rostyle trims and the tyres are whitewall (thin lined)

This should be interesting

best Bill

I know reds are not favoured so much in the UK, but Porsche Indian Red or Guards Red are stunning. My concours car has the latter and pretty much annihilates any other contenders in red. Somehow, despite its non-originality it passes for Signal red so won't likely suffer any demerits when selling.

Also, I'm breaking with my own tradition and pairing an interior colour ( Shadow Blue ) with an exterior colour ( Valencia Blue ) which TRIUMPH never mated.

post-1059-0-02252700-1429887177_thumb.jpg

Hello Bill,

Good to see that the restoration is progressing nicely. I'm looking forward to seeing the end result.

I've always been a fan of Old English White on classics, with black hood. But I suppose that might not be striking enough. I know that you say that the standard colours are banned, but my Valencia Blue has really grown on me. I have a white hood on it and am thinking of adding whitewall tyres. Looks good for driving around south of France, but maybe not Oxfordshire.

How about vinyl wrapping it!!!

Darren

Primrose with black trim always looks good on TR5s and 250s.

Geranium would be interesting too with blackberry trim.

I am not sure if these are standard colours, apologies if they are but I like them.

Either, as Pilkie states earlier, Aston Martin Olive green with a dark red/maroon interior or Damson with tan trim. That way you can keep the "triumph" colour bit but just backdate it ever so slightly from the TR5 colour to a TR5 colour........... simples!

:0) :0) :0) It's not quite that orangey in real life and neither are N*??€es.

:0)

Volvo 'Life Paint' with an unpainted section to look like a stripe across the bonnet (hood for the over-pondists)

http://www.volvolifepaint.com/

Peter W

PS it apparently washes off in the rain - tie-dyed TR250!!!

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

If you like that Bill, check out TR member Tony Millwards TR6

Truly beautiful colour and combination, in my opinion.

Don't know what the colour is, but it ain't standard Triumph.

If ever I do a full resto . . . . .

Best of luck, whatever you both decide ;)