The Ultimate Guide To The Triumph TR Range! Practical Classics

A new one-off magazine, The Practical Classics Guide to the TR2-6, is now on sale for just £6.99.

This special publication, produced by Practical Classics magazine, contains everything you’ll ever want to know about buying, running and working on the Triumph TR. From Belgrove to Michelotti to Karmann and beyond, we’ll take you on a journey that promises a unique insight into how Triumph’s sporting roadster took on the world – and won.

A numbered, limited edition signed by eminent British motoring historian Graham Robson (complete with an exclusive cover and an A2 cutaway poster) is also available, priced £20.

Pop into WH Smith or get delivered - Collector's Edition is via On Line - at bottom of below link

http://www.greatmagazines.co.uk/partnership/classics-bookazine

http://www.practicalclassics.co.uk/

Neil

That almost reads like you have done a PR bit for the magazine.

I saw it in Smiths yesterday and was almost tempted to buy it, but it looks like a collection of previously published articles bound together with very little, if anything, new.

Neil

That almost reads like you have done a PR bit for the magazine.

I saw it in Smiths yesterday and was almost tempted to buy it, but it looks like a collection of previously published articles bound together with very little, if anything, new.

No PR - just copied pasted the blurb that was in the e-mail I received ( I have a subsciption for PC as I work abroad so have a pile to read after 4 months away ).

Agree the publication looks like a collection of previous articles but now in one place - handy for me as I am in the market for a TR 6 so worth a read & saves me going thrrough all the old magazines in the garage.

Graham Robson's signed one looks nice - main thing it will draw attention to the TR Register as the publication covers 90 % of the cars in the club when on the front shelf at WHS :rolleyes:

A compilation of magazine articles can be a great aid to the would-be TR owner, just as long as he or she remembers that the articles are written by journalists who may well be more blessed with enthusiasm and journalistic flair than TR specific technical competence . . . . .

As ever, take with a generous pinch of salt and read between the lines, and don't take everything you read as gospel, or at face value . . . .

Meanwhile, it really is time that the classic rags gave up on the TRaditional separation of TR2-6 on the one hand the TR7-8 on the other.

They're all TRs, the last of them left the line almost 34 years ago, and the Wedges are now becoming rarer than the sidescreen cars.

Cheers

Alec

i got mine from Victoria Station whs last night

Edited by McMuttley

Had i had known it had a blue tr3 in it I would have offered £4.99, esp one with dics not wires

I shall purchase a copy next time I'm near a whs, always good to read about TRs :-)

I am often hoodwinked into buying a magazine because there is a triumph article in it. However, generally such articles are superficial, repeat common myths or simply get things wrong. I would never use them as a basis for buying or restoring a TR - unless you only needed to be able to tell a TR3 from a TR6! Best to simply surf this forum rather rely on journalistic copy.

I am an accountant by trade and, like anyone else, generally believe what I read in the papers. Its only at budget time or when there is an article about tax policy etc written by a journalist do you realise that quite a lot of what we read in the papers is likely to be a bunch of badly researched, over simplified, misinformed half truths!

Just re read my post - such spiteful ill informed vitriol from one so young. Maybe I should have a go at this journalism lark!

Oh yeah, and by the way (warming to his subject) what's wrong with TR7s and TR8s!

Bob

I bought one of these Practical Motor Guide about the XJS, it was word for word and exactly the same photo shoot that was in the Classic Car Mag about a year ago. I think they are sister mag's.

Dave

Edited by nowtelse2do