I have read the recent hood entries but still need help!

Am I right in assuming a 'Mohair' hood is better than vinyl?

Having fitted my last vinyl hood some years ago & having never really been happy with the fit I intend to go for a supply & fit option.

Any advice on suppliers in the Midlands? I am based in Leicester so TRGB, TR Enterprises, Don hoods etc are all within range. Any other suggestions please on best quality of material and fitting.

thanks

post-9358-0-77980100-1428957796_thumb.jpgpost-9358-0-11035800-1428957797_thumb.jpgpost-9358-0-40764300-1428957797_thumb.jpgJust collected my 6 from Dons Hoods last week and have to say it's transformed the car. Maybe not the cheapest place to go but I would be surprised if there's nowhere that does a good a job as Mark and his team in Erdington. The car was booked in and completed within two days. I went for the mohair option along with the zipped window. They made some adjustments to the frame and lined the hood internally and it feels tight and definitely better insulated than before. Plus I can now see out of the back window which also makes a huge improvement on the driving experience. If your in the Midlands and within range of Dons go there. Their waiting time amounts to around three months which I guess is testament to the fact that these guys know their stuff! (Andy Greenhill also had his roof replaced by them two weeks prior and will no doubt echo the same thoughts as me).

Steve

Edited by Sparky Brum

Hi Steve

Only just spotted the post, looks the business, hopefully next Wednesday we can meet up with Andy for a blast & some great food & banter :lol::lol: Yes Andy is echoing your comments.

Spa is looming, & knowing how it can rain there a wise & timely investment :P

FWIW mine is from Don Hoods some eight years on & still superb but looks better down obviously :)

Cheers

Mike B)

Edited by mike3739