Hi Kevo,

very glad to hear that. It was a shame you needed to take the gearbox out again, but I see you did find a few things to tweak when apart.

fingers crossed that it is all indeed sorted and that you get to enjoy the car this bank hol w-end.

Cheers for now,

James.

Hi Kevo,

very glad to hear that. It was a shame you needed to take the gearbox out again, but I see you did find a few things to tweak when apart.

fingers crossed that it is all indeed sorted and that you get to enjoy the car this bank hol w-end.

Cheers for now,

James.

Thanks James

KeV, well done, especially getting box in and out. Good news so far so hopefully you're summer driving ready.

KeV, well done, especially getting box in and out. Good news so far so hopefully you're summer driving ready.

Thanks Robin, all back together with new seats. Very happy with them. Not able to go for spin but will do soon. Have you sorted your fuel pressure woes?

Hopefully you have.

Thanks Robin, all back together with new seats. Very happy with them. Not able to go for spin but will do soon. Have you sorted your fuel pressure woes?

Hopefully you have.

Kev,Seats and Tunnel all good I presume.

Kev,Seats and Tunnel all good I presume.

Hi Niall

Tunnel cover was a doddle to fit once I marked out and drilled all the holes, the interior went back in yesterday as did the seats which I am very chuffed about :) . So much more comfortable, no problem with the speedo drive bulge plate and they go right back without fouling. I am only 5’ 11” but I’ve got long legs.

I will post some pics soon as we all love pics.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I was away in France last week recuperating, got back Saturday night so not been for a run since its all gone back together. So Sunday morning I got the 6 out and went for a spin for an hour, Yay!!! the clutch is really nice and works very smoothly even when very hot. RESULT.

But... there is always a but!!

Overdrive does not work on 3rd and 4th but its OK in 2nd. I think it may be the connection on the gearbox inhibitor switch for 3rd and 4th.

Does anyone have any pointers or things I could try before I remove the front part of the tunnel again?

Edited by Kevo_6

Possibly adjustment on the switch or you may just have managed to knock a wire off the 3/4th switch when putting it all back.

Stuart.

Possibly adjustment on the switch or you may just have managed to knock a wire off the 3/4th switch when putting it all back.

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart, I will take the front cover off 1st and see if I can see if anything is off but I doubt that I would be able to reach it easily so I may have to take the whole cover out again. At least it will be easier with the Racetoration’s split cover. Lesson learnt, is to check everything before bolting up!!! :wacko:

Remove the gaiter first you maybe able to sort it from there.

Good shout Neil, many thanks. I will certainly give that a go, I might be able to get my borescope up there for a look.

Stuart.

Remove the gaiter first you maybe able to sort it from there.

Hi

All sorted, yippee.

I removed the H frame and gaiter, put my boroscope though the gear lever hole to check the connections and the Lucar connection on the furthest switch was off. So measuring back to the gear lever hole I marked the position on the gearbox tunnel, drilled a 20mm hole and using the boroscope and one of my lock picks I was able to put the Lucar connector back on, popped a grommet in.

Tested overdrive and all was working well.

Many, many thanks to all for your help and support. It is very much appreciated.

Hi

All sorted, yippee.

I removed the H frame and gaiter, put my boroscope though the gear lever hole to check the connections and the Lucar connection on the furthest switch was off. So measuring back to the gear lever hole I marked the position on the gearbox tunnel, drilled a 20mm hole and using the boroscope and one of my lock picks I was able to put the Lucar connector back on, popped a grommet in.

Tested overdrive and all was working well.

Many, many thanks to all for your help and support. It is very much appreciated.

Fantastic Kevo give youself a pat on the back! :lol::lol:

Cheers

Mike B)

Well done Kevo, congratulation and maybe one day we will have a chance to catch up during one of your "recuperating" trip in France.

Regards

Thanks Chaps.

Peter, Gynaecology has been mentioned to me more than once. :o:D:)

Marc, I have an old farm house in department 53 and try and get over at least 6 or 7 times a year. Normally not for recuperating but for working as it was a tad out dated. It would be good to catch up one day.

Hi Kevo,

53/Mayenne and close to Le Mans! I have an house (+ garage and tools)for the WE in Normandie 27/Eure near Rouen if one day on the way from Uk to Mayenne you have time to have a break you are welcome.

Regards

Hi Kevo,

53/Mayenne and close to Le Mans! I have an house (+ garage and tools)for the WE in Normandie 27/Eure near Rouen if one day on the way from Uk to Mayenne you have time to have a break you are welcome.

Regards

That's a very kind offer, thanks Marc.

• 1 month later...

My clutch has got progressively more sticky again to a point that I hade trouble getting into gear again at the weekend, so I have now replaced the master & slave cylinders and bleed it tonight. (so now the whole clutch system is new apart from the cross shaft and fork)

The pedal travel is much better but still sticky so I disconnected the slave push rod and put a bar on the cross shaft and pushed, I can feel the bearing going to the pressure plate but further on as its pushing against the pressure plate you can hear it creaking which is obviously making the sticky feel to the pedal.

What do you guys think? Could it be a duff pressure plate or the bearing carrier?

This is turning into a right old saga & just before IWE too, also we are off to Santander early September and driving up through South West of France on a 2 week tour so I really, really want this sorted by then.

Thanks in advance for your help.