Custom 6............

What's really amazing is that those 9 bids represent 7 different bidders . . . . . I'd never have imagined that even in the USA there could be so many folks lusting after something so appallingly misconceived, no matter how well executed . . . . .

Mind you, maybe they're thinking of a modestly priced basis for a complete rebuild ?

The Webers are a novelty, something new everyday . . . . .

Cheers

Alec

If it is rust free you could mate it with this and be away like a bandit

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3f49f37488

It would probably break and sell for more than the current selling price

Oh where have all those rusty TR4A's gone with surrey tops and overdrive for GBP 100.00

Peter W

And if you look at the photos of the mortal remains of said TR6 in Lincolnshire to which Peter refers, look at the so-called 'VIN plate' in the photo with the V5, a dead ringer for

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUSTIN-MORRIS-TRIUMPH-BSA-AJS-QUAD-BIKE-CHASSIS-INFO-PLATE-VIN-PLATE-ESSENTIALS-/201216081805?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2ed969bf8d

and from the 'TR6' seller's feedback, perhaps purchased in the past month for the purpose . . . . . ?

Caveat emptor . . . . .

Cheers

Alec

i feel sick..... that bloke should be shot....!!!... but there is the comedy factor i suppose....

Edited by Nickffc

I like it,especially the bumpers, front grill and detailed engine bay

Sacrilege! Its not alone though there is an even worse example up for sale at the moment. You just have to if the chap who had this done was wired properly?

Alan

what if it goes for $10,000? maybe you buy it, and send a few thousand putting it back to original? you then have a great car for $14,000..or 8,500 in english money. would you buy a TR6 in good condition for that money? of course you would.

Don't be to quick to judge someone buying a car as someone who likes abominations....they might be looking for a car that no-one else likes in order to turn it back to something decent.

what if it goes for $10,000? maybe you buy it, and send a few thousand putting it back to original? you then have a great car for $14,000..or 8,500 in english money.

Good luck with that

"The factory Overdrive works on all gears as it should."

Don't be too hard on the guy - I don't he did it, and he's not Triumph literate.

Just trying to make a buck.

That soft top is really ugly, but, hey! It lives in Florida!

John

Different strokes for different folks, but not my cup of tea.

However if its rot free and goes for the right price I'd rather start with something solid and De-Pimp it, rather than an original pile of rust!

Those are Pierce downdraft weber inlet manifolds, bunch of **** you get a pool of condensing petrol at the sharp 90 bend directly under each carb