I'm a new TR7 owner having just bought a 1981 FHC in what I think is Pimento red. I've just finished restoring the interior and now have to tackle some rusty bits. The car drives really well and I love it. Its the 2 litre engine and it feels like it would go anywhere.

I don't know if I can post pics on here?

I hope to get to know other owners and get out on some runs and rallies this year.

Cheers

John

Hi John,

and welcome ! Not many tin tops of such late date around now, although my son has one over in Essex.

It can be easier to use Photobucket or similar photo hosting service, inserting the IMG link into the post to reproduce your photos . . . . .

Whereabouts are you situated, geographically ?

Cheers

Alec

Thanks. I'm undecided whether to remove the kit. It's a but different and "of its time". The car gets an amazing reaction wherever I go so I guess that says something.

Yes, they do, they are getting less & less each year. Mine is practically as it left the factory except for me tarting up the engine and adding K&N's. A lot of people filled in the rear quarter sills, making them the same colour as the car, as well as the body sills. Guess it stems from the time in the 80's where people ripped out original features from their houses and made modern, now to their woe! I'd take it off, it looks to me, this is my personal opinion of course, a boy racer had got a hold of it and made it look faster.

If all the mechanics and body are good then that's obviously great. Seems as if you aRe enjoying it :)

I'm really enjoying it yes. The wheel arches are bubbling so the car probably will end up being re sprayed. I'll decide then if the kit comes off. I think it's more important to keep a car like this in use than to have it totally original. To be honest I bought it because at the asking price it would have been criminal not to!

Ah yes. Thank you. I think some of those tours are a bit costly.

You do normally get a bacon roll & coffee breakfast and a dinner - often a roast - for two of you included in the price.

Sounds good!

The furthest north HRCR scenic tour I've been has been the Lavender Run - really good but Warwickshire is still a fair way from you. I'd expect that there are some lovely tours to be had in the lake district, north wales, etc.

Hope to see you sometime if you're down in the cotswolds.

Al