Indicators only flash on one side

TR experts - please help. I have a 1970 PI TR6 that has an electrical snag where the indicators only flash on one side. On the other side the indicators light up but do not blink. I have cross connected the LH and RH ccts just below the steering column and the problem remains the same on the same side. I have checked the city resistance on both sides and both have the same ohm reading. Both sides appear to have good earths. The flasher unit looks as though it was changed with last 5 years - it's a two pin version. It seems to work fine on the unaffected side. Anyone got any clues please? Could it be the bulb wattage?

A bimetalic type flasher unit relies on the bulb current to warm the element which makes it switch. Obviously on the 'good' side there is sufficient current and the flasher itself is working, so there is something different on the other side which is reducing the current drawn. If you have checked that the bulbs are all the right wattage, then as James says it could also be a poor contact in the wiring or one of the bulb holders. Ohmmeter readings won't tell you much other than to confirm the circuit is OK, because the cold resistance of a bulb filament will be much smaller than the value when lit.

Rob