Guest Marvel901

Its another Royal Blue one!!! with painted wing beads by the look of it. Nice shot of a very neat and straight swage line judging from the chrome strip on the N/s, and, wait a minute, do I spy another TR5 behind the 3a, now let me see, yes it looks like a Royal Blue one!!

I like blue really, these are paint code 56 jobs if I remember rightly?

Cheers all but you'll have to wait quite a while for my BRG version.. Thats.... Bottle Racing Green by the way, see elsewhere this thread!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest andythompson

I guess the metal work was designed without bumpers... unlike cars today where removing bumper removes half the car...

Gavin has been sprinting his TR5 for about 6 years and recently took off the bumpers for an experiment... and liked the look so much he hasn't put them back

Sorry about the dodgy image. I will try and do better when I understand how to reduce graphics better.

Red5

The car looks a treat.....it really stands out against that white toilet block.

Slightly off topic, but do I see MX5 seats in the car? I'm thinking of that modification myself and wondered if you have any advice, tips, thoughts etc.

I've read the item on the Technicalities CD but am keen to absorb as much info as I can - hence the reason for going to Malvern.

thanks, and seriously, great car

Ray

Yes you are correct they are indeed MX5 seats. I have the originals but they require total restoration. I value the extra protection of the MX5 head rests and they are very comfortable too. I bought a pair of MGF seats first. These are (arguably) a better seat but just don't quite fit. The frame rubs against the hood mechanism. I have seen a mod done on MGF seats where a small "rubbing plate" provides the protection. However they should fit a "surrey" car as there is a little more space in this area. In fact these seats i had were passed on to a colleage who is rebuilding a TR4 with a Surrey top.

I got my MX5 seats from ebay and bought the fixing kit from RMR Engineering. The speakers in the head rest are a complete waste of time! Who would want to listen to the radio when you can listen to a straight six! No contest!

Guest harry dent

I think you will find it is a four and is she FOUR it.I need a cold beer to calm down and at my age too.I have always wanted to be a dirty old man and I have finaly acheived it.

Regards Harry.

Talk about being taken for a ride...

To keep the pictures of TR5 coming this is me in a very dear friends TR5 a couple of summers ago at teh end of a Camb Followers summer tour. The Colour is not Royal Blue but Valencia which does not reproduce too well on film.