We TR5 owners appear to have a fairly quiet little corner so I am going to try to liven us up a bit. After all we own the very best of the TRs. One of the main forums has some nice pictures of TRs but chiefly TR6s. So lets start th eball rolling with some good pictures of your TR5s.

here are four to get started with taken at our recent Camb Followers meeting.

Duncan.

Guest Marvel901

Good one Duncan,

Why are they all Royal Blue , or so it seems, TR5's come in other colours too ... Stick around I may be able to add to this in British Racing Green, the only colour really... You may not , I suspect ... agree...  

Cheers

Marvel

Harry,

I think that is an excellent idea. I will mail Roger. Afraid mine will not be complete in time but I am certain we could muster a good crowd of cars for a good picture shoot.

Can you believe I have come accross five TR5s in our area new to us , including two of the Royal Blue cars at our last meeting. That makes 18 TR5s I know of on the Camb Followers patch. Is someone manufacturing them again?

Hi Duncan,

I've been cajoled into adding a picture of my newly-acquired TR5 (yesterday in fact) to this thread. I hope it works as I only have 50% success rate at adding photos.

Original photo was 500k but it is now 24k.....here goes.....

Regards

Ray

Ray,

The TR5 looks a corker. Thanks for posting the picture. You have managed better quality than me. I will have to play with other ways of squeezing my pics down to 68K.

Very pleased you have found her and hope she lives up to your dreams.

As to the TR5s appearing all over Camb Follower country, they look, taste,and feel original - but who really knows? I guess Roger is the best person to judge and I am sure he will get to inspect them in due course. It is a sad fact that there are those out there who will manaufacture a TR5 out of a TR250, TR6 or TR4. That is why the advice given elsewhere on this forum should be heeded. If possible and available take Roger with you to see a car or at least give him as much gen on it as possible. I learnt of a rebuild TR5 recently, stored 20+ years etc usual story. I did not chase it ( enough on my hands with one TR5 rebuild) but a friend who did reported that the owner not only did not know the registartion but had absolutely no paper work - a bit obvious me thinks.

Also do not forget the new V5c regulations all cars must have the new log books by July 1st. I dont know fully what will happen if there is not one but you can be sure it will not be easy to rectify. Does anyone know what the options/route is if a car does not have a V5c after July 1st?.

Once I have mastered the picture sqeezing I will post some more photos. So come on where's yours?

Duncan

PS - saw a TR5 on e-bay a few weeks ago with the same sort of Reg plate -is it the latest way of defeating the cameras?

Paul,

thanks for the picture. Nothing wrong with Royal Blue so no need to apologise - a very nice looking TR5

You noticed mine is still a little short of a few bits - they are mostly in boxes in the garage awaiting to be fettled and fitted. Other parts will hopefully be found at Malvern

cheers

Duncan

Guest Marvel901

Well I cant match any of the pics so far, Paul and Rays cars look fantastic. Keep at it Duncan youll get there in the end.  I thought Id post a picture (I hope) of my progress in advance of TRaction 205 where this picture or similar will appear. This is trial fitting in progress, doors fit, boot lid now fits, but the bonnet still needs a bit of encouragement!!

Keeps the pics coming folks... good thread Duncan.

What is the beer bottle for Ian, did you use it to mark the hole for the petrol cap or is it in position for a radio ariel which is much favoured adjacent to the petrol tank?,or did you require it as a stress break,I know I would and several more.   you said I think that you are going to paint it Green, great improvement on the browny colour in its current state.

keep at it and we will use it as a marker to seperate the blue ones.

All the best.

Guest Marvel901

Hi John,

In the reply window there is a browse button that you can attach a file with. As you can see though from my attempts, I did not get the size right.. Lord knows how you do that... Duncans good at IT stuff, Im sure he'll post a more erudite answer

Cheers

............how do you attach a photo?

John

If you do not have your own web space or web hosted photos, the best way to attached images is from your own PC or laptop.

When you reply to a post, at the bottom of the reply page is a browse facility, press the <Browse> button and select a picture you have stored on your computer from a file somewhere. A picture of 64k is the maximum that the Forum will allow at the moment and this size may reduce to around 20k.

To down-size your photos follow Webby's advice below:

You must physically re-size your image to something like 300 pixels wide and digitally compress the image.  Make sure that you save your image as a jpeg or jpg (The same thing really).There is some very simple freeware you can download from: http://www.download.com/FastSto....=button (this is not the website Webby recommended, as the free downsizer has been removed from that site, but try this one - Andrew)

Just browse your computer for the image you want to optimise and select the pixel size (it will automatically adjust the opposing side for you) and you can alter the quality of the compression (it defaults to 70%).  Ignore the filter as you don’t need that. Just click the “resize” button and you’re done!  Save the new image to your computer and upload this optimised image.....]

Once reduced, select the <open> option and this adds it to the browser....then select <add reply> and all being well, your photo's will be attached.

It took me ages to get it right, so keep on practicing and you'll get the hang of it.

Good Luck.

Regards

Andrew

Andrew,

thanks for responding to this as I dont feel I have the knowledge that Marvel thinks I should have after 30+ years in the IT industry. Last time I was technical I worked in binary and assembler code and have never really got to grips with PC technology I leave that to the much smarter youngsters.

I downloaded a resize prog from Microsoft that works some times but often it does not reduce small enough for the forum. As such I have problems sometimes if i have started with a large file.>5meg. hence poor quality of my initial pic as pixels had to reduced to such an extent to fit.

Duncan