TR6 LFB700K and TR5 CRO914F

With thanks to Julian Stephens our local group webmaster check this link which will show you that CRO was sold by Attington classics a while ago. http://www.attingtonclassics.co.uk/sold-gallery/ about 2/3rds of the way down the page.

Stuart.

Hi Chris

I'm the present owner of LFB 700K and have been for the last 17 years, happy to tell you all I know of the cars history, have its full history pre and post your fathers ownership. Don't tell any of the family but the car has been running on triple webers for the last 20 years, doesn't

seem right with your family background.

First picture is a few years ago while crossing the Pyrenees during a 2500 mile trip through Spain and France. The second was taken at Harrogate last year after I returned the car to its original damson.

Regards

CAMERA_2009-09-11_16-10-47CAMERA_2009-09

2014_August_untitled_0011173-2_zpsuifcjbCameron

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I owned LFB 700 K from about 1990 to 1998.

It was EKB 67K when I bought it, but I put it back on the original registration.

the car was switched onto triple Webers when it moved with me to America in 1994.

There was no leaded petrol in America at the time, and I thought that the summer heat in North Carolina would have been too much for the Lucas fuel pump.

I drove the car to work every day in North Carolina, much to the amusement of my colleagues.

And each year I made a fabulous journey through the West Virginia mountains to Niagara Falls, when I would take the car to Canada for a short vacation.

Petrol was then less than a dollar a gallon!

The car returned to the UK in 1998, to be sold, and I stayed in America.

I provided a lot of papers with it, including the full owner history that I had obtained from what was then the DVLC.

It's really nice to see the car in the pictures here.

Thank you for posting them Cameron, I enjoyed them enormously!

It's also very nice to see the car in Damson; I remember the serial number showed that as the original color, and it was visible in places under the dashboard.

I think I may have a picture of Mike Pumford racing the car, possibly also pictures of it in America. I'll see if I can find them.

Fergus.

• 6 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/23/2015 at 7:49 PM, Blueprinted said:

Thanks Stuart, that's is also a good start,

Chris.

CRO 914F

Is alive and well and belongs to a member in Sussex. Huge amount a body work done in St Albans and recently driven in the Pyrenees  completing 3000 miles of hard driving.So still around and driven with gusto.

Regards Harry Tr5 Nutter

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I’m Craig Pumford (the brother of Chris here). 
The car belonged to our father Mike pumford who sadly passed away on 15/07/2016 

After only just seeing the latest replies here I would very much like to know any more information on the car as I assume it is now in Oswestry? 

The TRs overall are very our fathers legacy. 

regards 

craig pumford 

Edited by Craigpumford
Spelling mistake