tr8 dash lights and rev counter

hi guys, i have recently purchased a tr7 with the 3.5ltr v8 engine, the car is almost complete apart from the dash board, i have installed the dash but i don't seem to have a working rev counter and the illumination lights, i have 3 dash boards and all are the same, could someone please help me with the wiring of the rev counter and the wiring for the illumination of the dash board please? thank you in advance.

dale.

That's a great little site page Odd. Bookmarked that one. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones, my tacho always works first off!

As for the dash lights, check the illumination pot next to the cig-lighter, sometimes these get dirty and the wiper does not make good contact. You could try and disconnect the pot and bypass it to see if the dash lights work. Check fuses.

If you have done that already, sorry. I do have an original workshop manual with the wiring schematics, what year is the 7? coupe or dhc? and I can scan and paste here, if allowed.

Edited by clymout