Missing old first love

Guest djangojim

Guest djangojim

Does anyone have any knowledge of the fate of my first TR, an early  long door TR2 in Signal Red with white hardtop?

Unfortunately, at the time I owned her in the eary 60's I was unaware of important matters like commission numbers etc but the registration was 788 BTB, and if I remember correctly it was first registered in Nottingham.

I suspect the number, like so many others now adorns some 4 x 4 monstrosity or similar.

Bill Piggott tried a search for me a couple of years ago but with no success.  Any info appreciated as I never did have a photo of the old girl.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

No info. to give you about the fate of your car, but are you certain about the Regn.? 788 BTB was issued in Lancashire in 1957 according to Glasses Guide to Registrations. Your car may have been re-registered of course, but as a long door, it should have been registered pre October 1954 approx. Dont know if this helps.

If you want to learn more about the car from this registration,(presuming it is correct)  then if you contact the Preston Archives Offices, then they will supply you with whatever details they have. Phone 01772 263034, fax 01772 263050.

all the best,

john S