Sign in to follow this  
TIMS

Donington Historic Festival - May 2,3,& 4

Guys

I have been asked and have agreed to lead the TR Register presence at the Donington Historic Festival over the May Day Bank Holiday Weekend (Sat 2nd, Sun 3rd, & Mon 4th May).

I will not need to persuade those of you who have been before to come and join us again on Redgate Corner.

For those who have not been, you are really missing out on; Top Class Historic Racing, the opportunity to wander around the pits and talk to the drivers, to wander around the other classic car club stands, and to park your TR on the Donington Circuit infield along with many other TR’s.

Please see the Festival website at http://www.doningtonhistoric.com/

Between now and Saturday April 25th you can buy 2 for 1 tickets, on the website, at discounted prices. Buying in that way will also get you an Infield Parking Pass so that you can bring your TR to our stand.

The code you need to get the discount is to be found on page 19 of TR Action 280.

Please be clear that if you buy tickets after April 25th you Will Not get a discount and Will Not get an Infield Parking Pass.

For the ladies, please be aware that, on Sunday only, a short walk away from the circuit is Donington Sunday Market http://doningtonmarket.co.uk/

Finally, and selfishly, so that I can get a chance to have a wander around and watch the racing, if you would be willing to mind the stand for an hour or so (no selling, just answer queries and check the hot water supply for drinks) could you please contact me on timnkathryn@tiscali.co.uk and I will try and sort some sort of rota.

Many thanks and see you at Donington.

Regards

Tim

Hi Tim

Could you give me a little more information regarding the weekend

Do we leave the cars on the stand all weekend or do we drive them in and out each day,

Is there somewhere close to park a motorhome and stay overnight plus leave a car trailer that will be secure

Regards

Tyrone

Tyrone

Cars in and out each day (you could probably leave a car on our stand but it I would not want to).

I have no idea re the motorhome and can only but suggest that you contact Donington direct. Try http://www.donington-park.co.uk/about-donington/accommodation/

Regards

Tim

There is a campsite right next door to the main entrance, for motor homes with electric hook up or camping. It is literally 200 yards away from your pitch to front gates. Park car and motor home there, nip car into infield each day, walk back to your motorhome have breakfast, then watch some great racing. Simples!

Oh yea, one thing to remember, you will get a wake up call from Ryanair and easyjet at about 7 am as they take off and land at e mids airport.

I'm on the website now and whilst I can see the discount applied and the infield pass availability it does not offer 2 for 1. Did I miss something?

Belay the above. The quoted price is (nearly) half the normal discounted price. You have to buy two tickets though.

Edited by peejay4A

Guys

Last chance to save on discounted tickets.

Advance discounted ticket sales for the 2015 Donington Historic Festival close at 5pm on Wednesday, April 29th, so time is running out to secure significant savings on the on-the-gate prices.

Regards

Tim

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

Please familiarise yourself with our Terms and Conditions. By using this site, you agree to the following: Terms of Use.