"Original" Style Aeroscreens

It might be possible (at what cost I don't know yet) to get some reproduction aeroscreens manufactured to the original TR style for the TR2 / TR3.

Please let me know if you might be interested in purchasing these by using this poll below.  Obviously, as I don't know the cost of manufacture yet I don't know what they would retail at and I'm not expecting anyone to commit to purchasing any at the moment.

If you would like to make any comments on the subject please feel free to post here.

Clive, is it possible for you to post a pic of the original style aeroscreens.

I've purchased the replica "Brooklands" ones from Moss and think they are okay but I'd still be interested in the real thing.

Mychael

I'm afraid I have not got a picture of an original aeroscreen.

From whjat I know they are a lot diferent to the brooklands screen, and they fit in the intended holes, ulike the brooklands screen.  From memory they don't have a gap under them...

Perhaps Mike Ellis, the sidescreen registrar could help by posting a photo?

In my efforts to find aeroscreens fairly recently, I made some discoveries.

1. There are 'Pukka' Brooklands aeroscreens made by Kimble Engineering in Devon.

2. There are copies made in the far east.

3. The difference is in the washers between the posts to the scuttle and the aeroscreens. The genuine ones have fibre washers and the copies have chromed/polished stainless.

4. Apologies here if my information is not correct. I do not intend to be defamatory. Simply passing on what I was told

5. There was an intention for some copies of the originals to be made. Sadly I no longer have details of these to hand but could find this information if pressed.

6. Original aeroscreens are quite different to Brooklands aeroscreens.

Regards

David

Hi there !

Redstoring an "old" 3A, important for me would be the exact distance of the mounting points. This is on the early 3Asprobably the same as with TR2/3 - and the common repor screens do not fit.

As for style - i think there are some differences in detail, but these may have been "original" es well.

Does anybody now of repro oscreens with the matching footprint ?

Seem to remeber Ken Mumford looked in  to this some time ago?

Yup... I spoke to him on the subject, said I wanted some, then all went quiet.  Chased it with him, he said there was some problems out in India where he had had them made... that was the last I've heard from that source.

Clive,  you've got mail:D

Brian

Thanks for the e-mail.

USeful to have a photograph to use for preliminary discussions.

:blues:

I have recently purchased an original screen and will be getting a replica made for the other side.

When I have patterns made ready for casting I will post here on a one chance only for anybody else that wants them.

All I will be offering is the machined castings and a pattern for the glass,you will have to have them finished and chromed.

The cost will depend on the take up obviosly the more that are ordered the cheaper they will be

• 2 weeks later...