Bumper chroming

I have been researching this and have found some good streams on the forum. But feel I should share my findings. This is to have front and rear chromed, small dents removed and optional bumper bars holes filled and removed. I provided photos to providers with the following quotes.

Colonnade quoted £600 but this changed when inspected on site to £850 + vat to include number plate light.

http://www.douglasmf.comquoted £1,200 to £1,500 plus vat not including the number plate light.

Http://www.ashfordchroming.comquoted £900 to £1,150 + vat for work as above.

I have decided to go with colonnade and dropped them off earlier today, very nice chap suggested that the price would be more like £850 as the front bumper is out of true and one of the rear corners has some small dents and the number pate light will cost an additional £70.

Hoping for good quality and process seems similar for all, so will report on workmanship in due corse when the 8 to 12 weeks lead time has elapsed.

In the mean tome look forward to views and opinions.

Paul

For those that are a bit further north these are good, 3 to 4 months waiting though!

Prestige Electro Plating

Unit 6, Cliff Street Industrial Estate
Mexborough
North Yorkshire
United Kingdom
S64 9HU (map)

Tel: 01709 577004

Stainless steel at £600 seems a no brainer , cannot believe it is that expensive to re chrome plus I have seen a lot of cases where rechroming does not last ....

www.groupharrington.com/en/part/134/triumph-tr6-1969-1974-early-type-bumpers.html

Hi Paul,

I've had a number of bumpers re-chromed by Colonnade and all have been top notch.

I have not reached the price you are paying but then you are having a fair bit if mechanical work done as well.

Their only downside is the lead time. But you will not be disappointed.

The quality of chroming is based on the metal finishing not the plating. £150 sounds very cheap for a top job.

Roger

Doug Taylor did my front bumper and rear corners, dropped them off at Bath and West and he posted them back, filled 2 redundant holes in the front bumper and did a top job, a bit more than the estimate but not too much.

Before I gave him the corners I welded the securing brackets to stop rust between them and the blade where they were originally spot welded in place.

Regards

Graham

TR Shop in London got my front one done a few years ago, inc repairing a few dings for 200 quid.