Flexible rubber steering joints

Roger,

Thanks, the triangle helps a lot! Mine has the slot all the way through already, hence my confusion. I seem to remember running a thin flat file through the slot a quarter-century ago, but I think the triangular part was already slotted.

Pete

• 2 months later...

I like the idea of UJ type couplings, but are the internal dimensions metric, as I assume the steering column diameter is imperial.

Which couplings fit the original column best?

Thanks as ever - Keith

• 3 years later...
On 3/1/2015 at 4:35 PM, RogerH said:

Here are the 4A UJ's with a small piece of metal removed. This guarantees that the splines really do lock together.

Roger

Hi Roger

Any chance to could post picture again of steering column UJ improvement  (I am having problem of uj sliding on spline) :(

Thanks Pete

Hi Peter,

indeed I prefer to make the axial slot deeper with a hacksaw cut more than to weak the bracket with a radial cut.

This axial cut is also not to see at all.

if interested please see here

"Hacksaw cut" sounds very negativ - but realise: the quality of a hacksaw cut is due to the one on the handle.

Ciao, Marco

Edited by Z320
My bad english