Your guess is as good as mine . . . . . I fail to understand why sellers can't simply commence proceedings at the lowest price they are prepared to accept.

The whole reserve business is just time wasting, and encourages genuine bidders to walk away.

This car had 'sold' back in December

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1960-Peerless-GT-Phase-2-MoTd-Ready-To-Drive-and-Enjoy-TR2-TR3-TR6-/371208994669?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item566dc7bf6d

Presumably some aspect fell short of the buyer's expectations ?

Cheers

Alec

This car had 'sold' back in December

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1960-Peerless-GT-Phase-2-MoTd-Ready-To-Drive-and-Enjoy-TR2-TR3-TR6-/371208994669?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item566dc7bf6d

Presumably some aspect fell short of the buyer's expectations ?

Cheers

Alec

Buyer had 0 feedback, so it's anyone's guess whether there was

some problem related to the car. I certainly wouldn't assume that,

especially when you look at the seller's feedback.

As it met it's reserve and "sold" for a little over £13,000, it's fair to

assume it's in fairly "ordinary" condition.

AlanR

It's a decent old car, and well known, and you can see some of the effort that went into the rebuild if you look at Frank's file of photos from the link on the listing.

When I mentioned 'some aspect fell short' I wasn't meaning necessarily of the car itself - there are plenty of 'buyers' out there with extraordinary expectations . . . . .

For example, a TR6 sale fell through recently as the 'buyer', winning bidder, expected 6 months unlimited warranty from the (private) seller . . . . . and that car had been relisted, owing to the previous winning bidder expecting that the seller would accept payment in instalments . . . . .

Nowt so queer as folk.

Cheers

Alec

That sounds just about in line my previous comment suggesting that "some aspect fell short of the buyer's expectations"

Unfortunately some eBay bidders do have an expectation that sellers will wait weeks or even months for their money, or alternatively the seller expects to negotiate the hammer price downwards.

Fortunately, there aren't too many complete pillocks like that out there, but they are a damn nuisance when they do pop up.

Nigel, Peerlessgruppenfuhrer, your wish is my command, see PM and email . . . . .

Cheers

Alec