Wiring upgrade

Hi Guys

As some of you will be aware, I've recently purchased a TR250, which has been converted to RHD by the previous owner. The original wiring loom has simply been extended, but all the new wiring is in black. I don't really want to go to the expense, or hassle, of completely rewiring the car so am wondering if anyone knows of a company who do a conversion kit so all the extended wires will be in the correct colours?

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Martyn

I can see what you are trying to achieve, but i would imagine you will struggle to find a supplier!

The other option would be to replace the extended black wiring with the correct colours, but this would be time consuming to say the least.

Others may offer other suggestions.

Keep us posted.

Cheers

Mike

Hi Martyn,

as Mike states part looms are not readily available. However all the cables in their colours are available.

Have a look here www.vehicleproducts.co.uk.

How are you going to tie the new wires into the old loom. Normal connectors are bulky and make it all look rough.

You could splice a solder connection in and cover with shrink sleeve. Cover the new extension in the correct tape - also available from above.

Roger

Hi Martyn ~

Perhaps you could obtain an old wiring loom and strip all the necessary wires out.

This is what I did when I rewired my 3A and wanted to add extra lights etc.

Do not use those bloody awful crimp connections they look terrible and are not efficient.

Do as Roger suggests and solder all your connections.

Tom.

Thanks guys, just as I suspected. I will definitely solder and shrink sleeve the joints.

Cheers

Martyn

Put a new loom in it end of .The original will be well past its useful life by now and it will save you hours of endless frustration finding problems further down the line.

Stuart.

Defoe put a new loom in.

My 250 was done the same as yours a fire hazard of the highest proportions.

By the time you have messed about with what you've got you would have been able to fit 2 looms

If I can do it anyone can.

Sparkey Patch.

Thanks again all.

Looks like a new loom will be the best way forward and a job for next winter as my car isn't coming "home" until mid/late March, by when the weather will have improved enough for dry top down driving!! Ever the optimist!!

Cheers

Martyn