TR5 - 1967 Earls Court Motor Show

Thanks George, there is a lot of talk about the "Ladies" and men boozing. Were`nt the sixties fun !

Loved the way he patted the plenum chamber reassuringly !

Thanks,

Conrad.

PS whatever happened to the Rapier, i dont think i have ever seen one recently.?

My Mum had a sunbeam rapier - we owned it for ten years. The reason you don't see any is because they dissolve ! When we sold it we had little left of the inner wings......still at least she didnt crash this one.

Thanks snowy, i did wonder, they were good looking at the time.....

Hope all is well with the winter driving, Mine are tucked in bed ! Till a crisp dry and salt less day comes along !

Cheers,

Conrad.

Andrew did I spot an "anti run on valve" around 1.13?

Fond memories of the Rapier a girlfriend's father had one the back seat was very comfortable better than my mini of the time! :o:P:lol:

Cheers

Mike. B)

Andrew did I spot an "anti run on valve" around 1.13?

Cheers

Mike. B)

Mike

I thought that too, but just had another look and it's the racker breather to PCV(?) to the front Inlet Manifold where the Anti Run-On valve was retro fitted... On mine (original with no anti run-on valve) the pipe goes through a Flame Trap and into the top of the front Inlet manifold...

Cheers

Ian

Edited by ianhoward
  • 2 years later...

On the Subject of the Earls Court cars, I heard off a fellow TR Owner last weekend that one of them is being restored in the Derbyshire Dales area.

Anyone know anything?

Takes me back, the first motor show I attended sans parents, I fell in love with the Oldsmobile Toranado never managed to get one but did have Cadillac, Lincoln ,Mercury, Ford , and Chevrolet from the other side of the pond

Edited by Cew
  • 2 weeks later...

This very Earls Court car is being restored. It is nearly finished. I am going to have a look next week. A while back, I wrote about the man who owns the car now (Jean knows him too) and his restoration skills. I will post pics asap after I've been there.

Menno

Lot's of gems in there. The https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bertone_Pirana'>Bertone Pirana (2.20) with it's OAT (outside air temperature) gauge and a "Fasten Seat Belts" sign, aspiring to aeroplane technology. And the little electric Ford Commuta at 2.29 - "only two pedals, couldn't be easier for the wife". Shame battery technology wasn't good enough to support the concept.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow That's great more please!