New oil pump, but from where?

Sorted the T/W's hopefully (+20's) & the last thing to check is the oil pump.

Seems it's seen better days, scored & a little too much play for my liking.

I need a new oil pump but remember reading on here that several new pumps had worse tolerances than their owners old pumps.

If I buy a new pump, can someone point me in the right direction for a good quality oil pump from a quality source?

Much appreciated

Nick.

Hi, Chris Witor of The 2000/2.5 Register does new pumps that have been checked/toleranced and uprated for a few pounds more than the standard pumps available from the usual suspects, and he's an all round "good egg"!!

Cheers Rob

+1

If the clearances between rotors are well within spec and not pitted or scored then lapping the various parts smooth so as to get them to minimum clearance is what I would do and what I have done.

When I built my Vitesse engine last year (same pump) I had two used ones and a new one. The new one had the worst tolerances so I used the best of the old ones and put it through the procedure shown. I also did a bit of porting on it - which might actually do some good on the inlet side but probably doesn't a matter a damn on the outlet side.

http://sideways-technologies.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/5783-2l-engine-build/page-3

If you rather not then then another vote for the Chris Witor toleranced pump.

Cheers

Nick

Nice

I've bookmarked the article

I like simple! It's usually efficient and this looks to be both

John

Be careful and check the tolerance. All the new pumps are made by County and all are different.( Experience from 3 years ago with engine rebuild ).

Even a Chris Witor one was out!

The engine builder made a good one from a few new/old ones.

Steve