Webbers - cable linkage......

And another question for those who have gone before.........I've got a twin cable throttle linkage for my webbers which is set up and works well on the carbs (on the bench) I'm now getting ready for the transplant and need to know but by what process are the two cables terminated and attached to the arm from the accelerator pedal that comes out the bulkhead into the engine bay?

Is it just a case of fabricating a suitable bracket? I know there are plenty of owners out there running cable linkage for the accelerator so any tips, phot's etc would be appreciated.

Usually they arent. They either go down through the top of the footwell next to the Masters or the front of the toeboard and then attach to the throttle pedal in a similar fashion to the PI linkage. I have rod linkage for my Dellortos made up from the standard linkage which works fine. The double cable is the belt and braces rally approach.

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart - that starts to make sense, on the down side it looks like I'm going to have to go mining under the dash again! Having had a look at some diagrams for the PI linkage with cables I think I'm going to have to pull the existing accelerator pedal assembly and fabricate/weld a new lever arm onto it to take the cable ends to make it all work properly.

Now I know what I have to achieve I've orderd up a couple of bits which I think will help make it all work and if it works out as planned it's a simple job (thats also reversible)...watch this space...and I'll add some pics..........unless of course it doesn't work in which case I'll pretend I never asked the question in the first place! :lol:

Hi john

Had exactly the same problem a few weeks ago and used a clamp and linkage as Stuart suggested. Which carb did you mount the linkage to? I had mine on the centre one but it was very awkward with the rod from the cable linkage going down to the centre carb fouling with the rod coming up from the rearmost one. I've since whipped the carbs back off because I noticed the rearmost one wasn't closing easily (now sorted, I've also ordered some external return springs from Webcon), so I think I may try it on the rearmost one.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or a picture?

Thanks

Stu

There is a lot of difference between the 4 pot version that John is on about and the 6 pot one. The 6 one should go OK on the centre carb.

Stuart.