New to TR6 Ownership - Quick Hello

Hi, Relatively new owner here from Sheffield, had my TR6 for a few months now after moving on from a Spitfitre. The TR6 bit of a dream come true as it's my favourite Triumphs but its not without its faults. Been a joy to own so far, fixed a few problems, made a few too but as always there's a few more to resolve and plenty of questions to ask you guys which Ill save for specific threads.

Heres the car, currently on twin SUs with the hard top fitted when I took her out for a spin last week as it was relatively dry.

wrywih.jpg

Im going to pay my dues and officially join in a few weeks, hoping to get to the White Rose meets when the weather picks up, I assume these run come rain or shine? Being a bit of a fair weather classic owner rain scares me. Anyway I hope to meet some like-minded people and get my knowledge expanded on the car.

Thanks Rob

Edited by Witness

Hi Rob, and welcome to the forum.

Nice car, hope you get to drive and enjoy it as you would wish, plenty of others are fair weather drivers!

Joining the club will make your life more enjoyable and much simpler when the problems arise, unless the problems have nothing to with the car of course!

Some great roads around your neck of the woods........

Cheers

Ian

Welcome, you've got the right car, looking good too. Drive enjoy and learn how to keep it on the road cheaply on this forum.

Hi Rob, I am fairly local to you, just down the A1 nr Newark, welcome to the TR World.....i have met a few from the White Rose group and they are as you suspected a like minded bunch of people.

Have fun,

Conrad.

Hi folks, thanks for the warm welcome!!

Yes, I’m very much looking forward to joining and getting involved as I've heard only good things, a problem shared and all that good stuff. I'll get a post up in the next few days if the weathers ok and when I’ve got images of my engine bay/electrics etc.

Conrad – Funnily enough I’m in Newark now “at work” where I am 50% of the week.

Rob

Hi Rob,

I do not live too far away from you, I'm near Castleton in the Hope Valley. I bought my CP series in 2012 following a body off resto and as this is my first classic I am still a bit precious about it as well. There aren't that many days up here when it doesn't rain or snow - but the roads are fantastic driving territory and when the sun is out you won't be able to wipe that smile off your face!!

Look forward to meeting you soon.

Alan

post-11614-0-23047000-1421786524_thumb.jpg

Thanks Simon,

Rob, don't want to steal your post so welcome to TR ownership, just know that you will enjoy it. I follow these posts every day and they are a wealth of knowledge. Thanks everyone for all of your contributions. Far better than reading a Hayne's book or even the 'Brown Bible'.

Thanks to all who contribute,

Alan

You havent at all Alan, and I completely agree that community forums like this and others a frequent are the best way to get / share info and help.

Alsn - Speaking of which is there anywhere locally you use for carb balancing and bodywork? Two things I'm not willing to attempt on my TR6.

Simon - Is there any info you can provide on your old car? All I know it that it was imported in the late 90s and converted to RHD, it came with a bunch of UK receipts etc. but nothing on where the cars been prior to the UK. Its always nice to know its been owned by an enthusiast and I hope you find some content knowing shes in relatively safe hands.

Rob

Hi Rob,

Welcome to the Forum and congratulation, your TR6 looks very nice. The key point for me is enjoy as much as possible, and under any type of weather.... (Hardtop may help :blink:)

Regards,

Hi Rob, apologies, my intervention has caused some confusion. I posted a picture of my car at the bottom of my first post and that is the car which Simon briefly owned ( and I was referring to ) before it underwent a complete body off restoration in 2012. It is a PI model so can't help with local firms re carb balancing or bodywork but I am sure others can on this forum.

The DVLA will provide you with details of previous registered owners. It's a very slow service, took 8 weeks in my case, but only cost £5 a couple of years ago. They will require you to tell them why you need the information but if you tell them you are building a history file for your car that seems to be acceptable.

You could also contact the club registrar to check for previous history within the club and the British Motoring Industry Heritage Trust who can provide a factory record for your car.

Alan

Hi Rob

Welcome to the fold.......and the enjoyment/frustration of 6 ownership :P;) .

Nice looking car fella!, there is a wealth of experience and knowledge available on here, may people have helped me out over the past 6 years :D

If you do have any issues the search facility is very helpful.

Lets see a few more piccies :D

Hi Rob, apologies, my intervention has caused some confusion. I posted a picture of my car at the bottom of my first post and that is the car which Simon briefly owned ( and I was referring to ) before it underwent a complete body off restoration in 2012. It is a PI model so can't help with local firms re carb balancing or bodywork but I am sure others can on this forum.

The DVLA will provide you with details of previous registered owners. It's a very slow service, took 8 weeks in my case, but only cost £5 a couple of years ago. They will require you to tell them why you need the information but if you tell them you are building a history file for your car that seems to be acceptable.

You could also contact the club registrar to check for previous history within the club and the British Motoring Industry Heritage Trust who can provide a factory record for your car.

Alan

Ah my mistake Alan, I though that picture was originally you signature as I've noticed some large ones knocking about. Thanks for the info on the DVLA which I may persue at a later date.

Hi Rob,

Nice looking car - more photos?

Welcome to the forum and TR6 motoring.

Cheers

Andrew

Hi Rob

Welcome to the fold.......and the enjoyment/frustration of 6 ownership :P;) .

Nice looking car fella!, there is a wealth of experience and knowledge available on here, may people have helped me out over the past 6 years :D

If you do have any issues the search facility is very helpful.

Lets see a few more piccies :D

Thanks guys, few recent pics below and ones from a month or so ago where I tidied up the front end not long after I picked her up.

xm7pzs.jpg

2vmaaup.jpg

3089j5t.jpg

2e3vbjq.jpg

290ykr5.jpg

Thanks, Rob

• 2 weeks later...