Moss's new webite

Having just tried their new website, I'm not that impressed, I must say I liked the old layout and parts catalogues, there must be some good reasons to change it all, what's the thoughts of others?

John

I kinda like the way the window floats over the schematic diagram, showing the details for the piece when you click on it. The old website forced one to scroll between the descriptions and the diagrams -- having both on the screen at the same time is a nice upgrade.

I couldn't even login yesterday, so I got them to send me my login details and password which were exactly until recently. However, they no longer work and they have also lost all records of previous purchases and told me I have to set up a new account. I have now done that using a new email address but find the new website extremely unfriendly. Some items seem to have disappeared so I don't know whether they have been discontinued or just lost in the transition to the new system. At least their competitors are still OK - I just hope none of them show the same lack of judgement. I'm a great believr in "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", especially where software systems are concerned. It's so easy to turn customers off.

As Andrews says it’s just a case of getting used to it. I was building up a wish list which was lost and also it has lost all my previous account sales history.

I like the big pictures though.

Also when you add some stuff to the basket the description is sometimes different to what you put in it.

So some glitches to iron out.

tried a few old forum post links to parts, which now don't work. you will all have to quote part numbers fore from now on! otherwise it looks pleasant and ses easily navigable - although, as before, when you search for a 3 part it tries to lure you to bits for 4's

The Moss Supercharger for CP UK cars is now NLS... ??

I was saving my pocket money for that..

:unsure:

TimD told me yesterday Moss are 'upgrading the design'.

If it does turn out to be NLS there are enough of us interested to get a small volume run built. A decent used Eaton M62 blower on ebay - ex Mercs - goes for about £250-£300.

Add a 2" SU carb a couple of pulleys and a few other bits and bobs....

I am sure we can find a metal fabricator to build manifolds and brackets, and a machine shop for pulleys.

Peter

Not sure what the upgrade is but I saw photo of an MGB kit with poly-v pulleys, while IIRC the TR kit had a simple V-belt

Edited by Peter Cobbold

I have had a response back from Moss also confirming that the CP Supercharger, is "no longer available, it is currently being re-designed, however no due date when available" (Kit 150-118).

I have asked what element they are "redesigning" would be interested to know....

Rich

Edited by tr6wilts

Had a more detailed response from Moss UK regarding the supercharger. Looks like July at the earliest and they are loosing the Holley and reverting back to the large SU. The relevant product manager at Moss is rebuilding a TR6 so somewhat of an ally.

Looks like I will be changing plan a putting the PI back until next winter.

Tim

I dont like the new website as I use firefox and it just doesn't function correctly, checking the details of the site it is written for Microsoft exploder or evil google chrome, never mind I can still use the "Book Book" version 1.

cheers

Alan

Just tried the new Moss website, if that's what you call it. Explorer on W7.

Whether I try by section or by using the search function, all I get is " There are no products matching the selection " . . . .

Observations about the foolishness of attempting to fix what ain't broke spring to mind.

As it is, null points, unless of course it's competing for the world's most useless website ? In which case it's leading by a country mile.

Cheers

Alec