Please can someone help? When I reply, or start a post, the bar at the top is cloudy and will not allow me to select any options. I would like to use smiley faces to add some depth to my posts, but it is impossible. I am using Google chrome and have selected Enable emoticons and signature.

Thanks Richard

Hi Richard,

It could be that you are in BBCode mode, which does make the bar "cloudy" and means that you cannot select emoticons, etc. To deselect BBCode mode, look for the button that is on the far left of the bar, it looks like a light switch and is positioned above the "B" for bold button. If you click on that light switch button, you may find that the buttons you wish to use then become available.

Hope this helps.

Darren

That's been bugging me for weeks, thanks for the switch info.

Mick Richards

I don't have the option of using Emoticons on my I pad either, even though supposedly they are enabled.

Sue

Glad to have been of help.

I don't know the ins and outs of why BBCode is necessary, but I always think of it as a sort plain text version of posts, and one in which it is possible to see some coding (such as that used for the quotation box). In practice, the main difference I find is that by switching on BBCode I can paste text and links directly into my post, whereas I cannot do that when BBCode is deselected.

As Pete says, the mobile version doesn't offer the 'Light switch' option. However, on my iPhone I do see an option to the right of the post I want to make that says "Enable Emoticons", but then there are no Emoticons available to select, as Sue found :huh:.

Darren

Just discovered that on the bottom of my IPad screen is a bar, on the left of which states "use mobile version"

Clicking on that means you can use Smileys

Thus ????????????????????????????

Doesn't seem to be available on my iPad using that option. I thought the BB software detected that you were using a mobile and formatted the content differently. Either way I can't get smileys on the iPad or iPhone.