Cooling system filling/bleeding

Hi all,

After rebuilding the head I have filled the cooling system with antifreeze but I am not sure if I followed the right procedure.

The instructions in the ROM are not applicable to my car since it does not have a filler plug in the thermostat housing.

I filled the circuit through the expansion tank with the heater controls set to hot and then tried to expel air by pressing the top radiator hose.

The temperature reading only rises slightly above the first mark in the scale and the heater does not heat eventhough the hoses seem to be hot, so I suspect air trapped near the sensor and/or heater.

Is this the best way of bleeding air from the cooling system? How can I be sure there is no more trapped air?

Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,

Thanks for the hint. I did as suggested but after half an hour still bubbles would come out every time I press. There does not seem however to be any leak.

The temperature does still not rise above the first mark in the scale, it rose to the second mark (where I have read elsewhere it should be in normal conditions) when I removed the fan blades so maybe the thermostat is opening too early. Still no heat coming from the heater, will check if it is clogged as soon as I can