Looking for TR6 history

I have a red 1973 TR6 that I would like to know a little more about. Reg is CKP739K. I think it used to be green. It has a tow ball fitted although this will be removed.

The current engine and gearbox is from a PI saloon with overdrive. I would be interested to know when and why these units were fitted. Last on the road in 1987.

The Haynes manual that came with it is invaluable as it has lots of service history written within its pages.

Anyone know who this used to belong to and who did the engine work? I bought it from a chap in Canford Cliffs, Poole, Dorset whose name is Peter A****d. He bought it in July 1984.

According to the log book it has had a number of owners, I believe I am the seventh.

David.

David,

Send me an email to saffrontr6@btinternet.com. We have some limited history of your TR6 on file that I can scan and email to you. Your TR used to be Emerald Green and is one of the very few TR6 built by Triumph with grey trim ( code 78)

regards

Derek Graham

TR6 registrar