Auction- supercharged 6

My old car!

I bought this car many years ago as a converted USA car and it was clean and rust free (and un-supercharged) . Since then it's been transformed and as I understand it, a bit of a flying machine.

Incidentally, the car was driven by Richard Hammond in a government film we made in 1999

This may of course bring the value plummeting!

Simon

I know this car intimately like Simon....It was my own car up until last year sometime at which point I sold it to an Italian gentleman.....I had it for 5 or 6 years...

The car has a superb rust free body and chassis and has never been welded as far as im aware....

I fitted the Moss Supercharger kit, uprated the brakes, suspension, seats etc etc....It was my LeMans transport. I had it resprayed from Mimosa to very dark blue....it looks stunning...

It is totally reliable and I would jump in it and drive it anywhere......it was driven back from Italy 2500+ Miles with no issues.....and was part exchanged against a TR3A (LHD)

It's a superb car and the stickers are removable....

• 5 weeks later...

i saw that.... anyone know what it went for...?

awsome video of the hamster....!!!

N

Edited by Nickffc
  • 1 month later...

They have covered the number plate so nobody will recognise it !

Does everything cost 50% more in Oxfordshire compared with East Anglia?

Anyway if you're down there go along and ask for a test drive. If you've not driven supercharged before you're in for a very pleasant suprise.

Or you can fit your own Moss kit:

https://supertrarged.wordpress.com/2015/01/19/john-jervis-fitting-a-moss-supercharger-kit/

John Jervis has finished his kit fitting and the car is on the road. First driving impression includes this quote:

"...I cruised for a few minutes but as soon as I had a clear stretch of road I started to press harder on the accelerator. The pickup was pretty much instantaneous, and the engine was extremely tractable, to the point that I was ignoring changing gear for hills I would normally drop down a ratio."

And he has yet to use full throttle.

Yay, result !!!!!

Peter

Edited by Peter Cobbold

Peter

I grew up in Oxfordshire and now live in East Anglia

The answer to your question is, almost always, yes!

I drove a supercharged '6' when looking to buy, yes, it was smooth and fast, but, I would suggest, not half as much bother as a PI!