What is the concentration

Very confusing!

Never paid much attention to anti-freeze since arriving in Portugal.

Today, I flushed the system and went to buy anti-freeze. Basically, I had a choice between products for open and closed systems. After much debate I chose the open one but now looking at what is written above regarding anti-freeze creating leaks, I wonder if I should know more about it.

I bought Redex but it does not say much else other than it is for both closed and open circuits and -5º C.

http://plural.pro/product/circuito-fechado-5l-rosa/

As I am going away this weekend, and the radiator will be taken out and serviced soon after I return the liquid will only be in the car while it is parked in tha garage for a month or so, and for a few Km (max 100) to take it to the workshop,

is it ok to put it in the car?

Qim

What is the concentration? Do you put it in on it´s own? or dilute it with DISTILLED water? I am not happy with the Spanish stuff as it gave a lot of rust on flushing after a year in my other car.

Dave

Well, I spoke to the factory that makes it for Redex and this is an antifreeze IAT, which is good; but it uses the toxic ethylene glycol. Price €5.99 for 5 litres

Anyway, I went ahead and the car is now proudly running around with this pink stuff. As I will be taking the radiator out for servicing within a few weeks, I hope this Redex does not damage anything.

I used it straight from the bottle without any dilution.

Dave: are you referring to the same Redex that I bought?

Edited by qim

Dave: are you referring to the same Redex that I bought?

Hi Dave

I was referring to the anti-freeze you had problems with.

am not happy with the Spanish stuff as it gave a lot of rust on flushing after a year in my other car.

Dave