New Owner TR8 RDU 35W

Hi there,

Just popped in to say hello, I joined the club at the NEC Classic Car Show as I was in the process of buying a car and then in the middle of last week travelled to Copenhagen to pick my new car up.

It is a genuine production RHD TR8 DHC, Registration number RDU 35W which was originally supplied to the Quality & Reliability Department, Rover, Solihull.

It was a thoroughly enjoyable drive back to UK and the car didn't miss a beat.

Here are a few pictures of the car

IMG_7526.jpg

IMG_7527.jpg

IMG_7528.jpg

Hopefully will get out and about in the car a bit next year.

Regards,

Robin

Hi Robin,

Welcome to the TRR and the forum. Love your choice of car, I hope it brings you many hours of joy and no pain. The forum is a great font of knowledge (not mine), and a source of humour once in a while.

Your local group is worth meeting up with, probably a good social scene.

The IWE (international weekend) is a good place to meet up, chat, show off your car, and generally have fun.

ATB

Jo.

Nice car, very well restored a few years ago by John Hampson and the 1st of the 18 UK production TR8s. Sold by the factory via BCA at Measham in 1981.

Owned by Rimmers when it was painted graphite grey and used in their catalogue.

Thank you everyone for the welcome. Car is currently having a thorough service and a couple of minor things attended to so it will be ready to be enjoyed once the weather improves in the Spring. Plan is to keep the car basically as is, though I intend to look out for a spare set of seats which I will probably trim in blue leather and keep the velour seats stored safely away as I gather the velour seat trim is hard if not impossible to source.

I plan to use the TR8 on some classic tours to cut down the use of my also very rare RHD Sumbeam Tiger Mk 2, which I have owned since about 1991.

Out of interest I have a good friend who used to be a regional manager at BL in the late 70's/early 80's (he now works for Tata here in the UK) and when I told him I was buying the TR8 he told me he had at least three TR8's as company cars!

Nice car, very well restored a few years ago by John Hampson and the 1st of the 18 UK production TR8s. Sold by the factory via BCA at Measham in 1981.

Owned by Rimmers when it was painted graphite grey and used in their catalogue.

Thanks Chris for that information. Fortunately the car comes with quite a substantial history file including many bills for parts etc.,.. whilst the car was in John Hampton's ownership. I received the V5C back from the DVLA a couple of days ago and as the car has spent the last few years in Denmark, Mr Hampton in fact shows as the previous registered keeper of the car on the new V5. I will also be keeping the car's Danish registration certificate as part of the cars history and I also have V5's relating to when it was owned by Rimmer Bros, a Mr Terence Pridmore who owned the car prior to Rimmers and a Mr Peter Rendell who appears to have acquired it from Rimmer Bros.

Edited by RobinS