Is this tr6 a scam on ebay!?

Iv found this tr6 on ebay...its worth much more than what its up for, the ebayer has no history in selling, based in the uk only. If you look closely its got the tr stickers in the windscreen...do you know this car?? It looks like a scam to me!!!

It wont paste to here but the ebay item number is 111516938541

Its a scam...it has to be, you have to contact the seller outside of ebay too. I just hope someone just doesn't fall for it and shed out 5k for a car they will never own!

You mean this one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111516938541?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D111516938541%26_rdc%3D1

the chap only joined eBay on 30 October, and he's selling all these . . . . .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/xyp200/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Absolutely amazing selection of stock, and photographed over quite some period from the look of the background foliage . . . . .

All that's missing is the dummies guide to spotting a scam . . . . .

Cheers

Alec

Ah god I hadn't looked at everything else he has for sale....god theres some deals to be had there!!! :P

Its such a shame that some chap out there more than likely will fall for it! Id love to throttle the bloke behind it, but hes probably in Nigeria selling guns too! That Jensen interceptor sold for 17200 this is the original listing number 191334752331

If you look at an eBay listing and it looks fraudulent, it probably is . . . . so report it.

Immediately above the description, right of your screen and above the item number is Report item - click on it

This opens a new screen, from the three little boxes select Listing practices, then Fraudulent listing activities, then You suspect that a listing is fraudulent, and then click Continue, screen refreshes and press Send report . . . . that's it, job done

Cheers

Alec

done that very report first thing this morning! ;)

Damn - I could have done with that 'Airstream' caravan

Roger

Roger sounds like all you would have got is the "airstream" but no caravan

Graze

haha so cheap wasn't it....its funny, a friend of mine "bought" a 06 vw transporter sportline for £4000 (easy 7000 van), excellent condition, huge rims, body kit. He got soo sucked in about the fact he found a sportline that cheap he contacted them, a few emails exchanged, payed the money straight into an account online and bam...not an email back. He told us this in the pub, pulled up the emails and it looked like they had been written by 2 year old, not one line made sense! Police cant do a thing as its a civil dispute, cant trace where the money went...all because he didn't ask a mate what he thought of it and got sucked in by the cheapness, if its too cheap ITS NOT REAL!!

I can understand a lot of the scams, but I would NEVER buy a vehicle without looking at it first. Even if I only kick the tyres and take it for a 5 minute drive.

Is this something new, buying vehicles without seeing them first????

kc

PS yes I have a 2013 Sportline LWB and no its not for sale hehe

Edited by kcsun

How about this baby for a bargain on ebay! TR5 for only £12000 - think i'll have two - hope i've done right by reporting it to ebay

If only there was no such thing as a scammer - think of the bargains we all could have!

Item No. 161493302416

Graham

Check out all the other items for sale

He has a 1960 mkII Jag for £5k and a 1960 Austin Healey for £5,350.00

Must be rich, desperate for money or dishonest

after reporting this listing to Ebay it still remains active like an illegal primed gin trap waiting to snare it's prey BUT, this morning I also noticed that as well as it still being listed - the user ID has changed but still the same item number! how do they do that??

Graham

What one has to aware of is that ebay and paypal are completely untrustworthy organisations that have no place in a controlled environment. This is of course my opinion but one founded from being an un planned participant in an ebay/paypal scam that clearly was sanctioned by ebay.

What people should always remember, you don,t get owt for nowt! Any Yorkshireman will tell you that.

As a regular e bayer, if it is too good to be true it usually is.

I've bought several hundred items on ebay and NEVER failed to get a fair deal.

On occasion I've not got quite what I expected and I have had to hassle to get my money back on one purchase.

Stuff has come from USA, China, HK, KL and the only surprise has been customs dues which seem to penalise the USA in comparision to the far-east.

You take a risk if you walk to the shops and buy a packet of razor-blades.

Having said that I have a "comfort-level" of a few hundred quid.

Buying a car without meeting the buyer and seeing the car! .... you've got to be joking!!