TRailing Arm Stud Alignment jig

Based on various repairs I made my own baseplate and new Studs.

M11 with 5/16". I did not want to deal with helicoils and stuff. Eventhough M11 x 1 can be considered "fine" thread, the increased diameter is more than sufficient to withstand required torque.

If required, I can supply the drawings for drilling and tapping.

Jochem

post-15451-0-88031800-1522740089_thumb.jpg

post-15451-0-06583900-1522740109_thumb.jpg

Edited by JochemsTR

I've seen numerous thread breakthroughs on the stud walls when they've been helicoiled, especially when the helicoil thread has been tapped in on a lean which coincides with the closest side, and that's where the tapping drill dia is only drill size for 5/16th UNC Helicoil is .328 thou (outer tapping size for the helicoil). This is 16thou MORE than the .312 (5/16th) hole required for a 3/8th UNC PARENT thread tapped into the alloy casting. Conveniently when the 5/16th UNF thread in the trailing arm strips it often leaves a hole of about the .312 thou dia there which accepts the 3/8 UNC tap nicely.

Mick Richards