Reversing light switch

+1, the reversing light switch is on top of the gearbox cover on my 4A. According to the Moss catalogue the side mounted reversing light switch was a variant used with the J type overdrive, so the box in your picture looks like it was originally from a 1973 on TR6 Roger.

Tim

aaarrrggghhhhh - I thought I was helping!! Why did TRiumph keep changing things.

Indeed it is a 'J' type box/OD

Has anybody got a decent pic of an 'A' type box rev light switch position.

here is an 'a' type box - the rev light switch is off set to the left.

Edited by RogerH

how do i know what gbox and o/d i have?

there are "roughly" 4 fwd gears and an "occaisional" reverse

the o/d 'works' in 2, 3 and 4

the o/d switch is like a belini pan

the gbox ratios between 1 and 2 are miles apart

gearchanges are, lets say, snappy, touch the lever and the gearbox is already spitting it out of gear

the o/d used to be v v quick to engage, abrupt would be an apt description, esp' in 4th (i think all new london buses have them fitted), although now it takes about 1 - 1.5 secs to slur into 4o/d (no thats not a tv station)

on an iphone you dont get post numbers - in fact, on an iphone you get auck fll these days - in fact i suspect iphones are made from dead TR's such is their build quality and reliability

FWIW My 1972 T2000 O/D box has an "A" type O/D & the reversing light switch is on the side as in Rogers picture.

Bob.

Saloons had that fitment earlier.

Stuart.

• 5 years later...

Hi all,

I am trying to find the reversing switch on my 1973 TR6. I found this thread which looks like it had some useful photos although it is now so old the links no longer work. I was wondering if anyone can point me I  the right direction? I thought it was better to continue the discussion here rather than create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Kieran

This links to the Buckeye picture:

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5c6dec53b10f25d4edf0b3f7/t/5d0195838ed02e0001596bc0/1560384900296/OD+Isolator+Switches.pdf

The Moss picture shows  the alternative positions:

gbx.jpg.aae61ee301018f229c3c19c3d1897976.jpg

Edited by RobH