The most expensive TR so far?

39 minutes ago, John McCormack said:

That is right. The first owner only used the car for racing in it first 10 years. The 2nd owner bought it but didn't get around to restoring it. I bought it from him as a nearly completely 2 owner original TR2, albeit in two trailer loads of bits.

It has what is probably the last brand new Stanpart TR2 wiring loom.

Impressive. Provided you can be confident it hasn't perished and is therefore safe and not a hazard.

That would be plastic sleeving in braided black cloth, is that right?

How can you be sure that the hidden plastic is not cracked, risking shorts?

Maybe a silly question, wiring and electrics is my worst  i'm a dunce in this area (too).

On 3/20/2020 at 9:32 AM, David Brancaleone said:

Impressive. Provided you can be confident it hasn't perished and is therefore safe and not a hazard.

That would be plastic sleeving in braided black cloth, is that right?

How can you be sure that the hidden plastic is not cracked, risking shorts?

Maybe a silly question, wiring and electrics is my worst  i'm a dunce in this area (too).

Fortunately the loom was stored properly and is in perfect condition. Still flexible, the braid is unmarked, no perishing are damage at all. There is no plastic, just the braid. You can see it in the photos. 

4 hours ago, John McCormack said:

Fortunately the loom was stored properly and is in perfect condition. Still flexible, the braid is unmarked, no perishing are damage at all. There is no plastic, just the braid. You can see it in the photos. 

That's very reassuring, John! Delighted to hear it. I've learned to fear and respect electrics.

• 3 years later...

SHP520  Hi everyone I’m after some advice help on original wiring spec for SHP. The car did this years Mille Miglia but had a few niggling electrical issues and looking at the car, the wiring loom has been added too and had fuse boxes added - not original with wires all over the place under the bonnet.  Does anyone know what the original works spec would have been as would like to get back to this over the winter.   The car was a works prototype in its day so don’t necessarily expect off the shelf loom. 

Current spec:
It has an electric fan and want to keep that as just massive protection and loud air horns as good to let people you are there when tonking about. It runs a Gauge Pilot rally computer which is great for Mille Miglia and a auxiliary bright LED brake light as good to prevent rear end shunts due to dim candle like brake lights.

It did Tr3s proud again with lots of comments from XKs asking for us to take a cylinder out as too fast and how do we stop so well all the time.. XKs destroy brakes and need rebuild every night of Mille. SHP stops crackingly very well with disk brakes… :) 

Any help greatly appreciated.. Jon

585475F3-71A7-404F-AF4F-D09AFBB902DE.jpeg