Apparent problem with ARP bolt kit for 4.0lt and 4.6lt V8`s

The register Technical dept has been informed of a problem regarding the ARP bolt kit for the bottom end of the above engine.

I am reproducing the letter here, anyone else encountered this problem.

Stuart.

"Hi
Just a cautionary tale on ARP main stud kits for anyone overhauling a Rover 4.0L or 4.6L V8. I am in the process of rebuilding my 4.6 and purchased a main bearing stud kit, ARP part N0. 157-5401. The mains are OK however the side bolts are short. In particular the two shorter side bolts intended for bearing cap No.5 are some 6mm shorter than the OEM versions and will only engage in the cap for a depth of about 2 threads. Under torque these bolts will pull the internal threads out of the cap. Moreover no side bolt washers are supplied with the ARP kit so if you use dowty washers as per OEM spec to seal the bolts. The bolts will then be shorter by another 2mm.
I ‘ve flagged this up with ARP and Real Steel who I bought the kit from and await a reply.
Regards
Alistair Grant
4.6L TR7 V8"