Mornign,

Sorry if this question is a little 'how long is a piece of string'.

I run a TR5 with wires at the the moment and want to move to a set of 5.5x15 minilites for Autumn/Winter weather (bumpers will be coming off too).

The wire hubs were done by PO and I haven't yet explored what lies beneath by adaptors.

Could someone advise me roughly how much thread length I need to see on the studs for a good fit.

Separately, how difficult is it to replace the studs if mine have been cut too short.

Finally, finally, who does the correct offset - I have read several threads which all point to problems with the fronts rubbing.

All the best

Snowy

I don't want to fit the centre lock ones as they have a big chrome piece on them that will rot and they are EXPENSIVE !

They look lovely though and you keep your spinners.

And sorry for my ignorance but one of my points of confusion is that if you use tube nuts then you get more thread on but can't see how much as they are domed.

Hi Richard,

there are the three attachment types -

1, Centre locking as per Pete's reply. They look very good, are pricey and the chrome s quality stuff.

2, Cone'd attachment nuts. These will need ALL (16) the studs changing for longer ones.

3, Tubed nuts (parallel shank) - these can/may run down to the far side of the wheel so utilise ALL/most of the stud thread.

Whatever you fit you need at least 8 full turns of the nuts to anchor safely.

Clearly changing the studs for the cone'd nuts every six months will knacker your hubs eventually.

So you are left with centre lock or parallel holes in the wheels.

If you get the cheaper repro minilties be very careful of the paint work - it is cheap and rubbish. I have had two sets of anthracite with the diamond cut edge - very smart.

Within six months of fitting the lacquer on the diamond cut area was allowing moisture through and ruined the wheels.

if ever I had them fitted again I would coat the whole wheel with a 2 pack lacquer to give better protection.

Roger

I'm afraid the Diamond cut wheels finish doesn't work well even on new wheels, think about it the alloy is Diamond cut to a high polish and then a varnish is sprayed over them...how will it stick ? very badly.

New vehicles with the finish end up with scabby wheels, and even the professional alloy wheel refurbishers will only give a No 27 warranty on them (until you leave their premises). I don't believe that spraying another coat of varnish will do the job or the professionals would do it - avoid that sort of finish.

Mick Richards