Preparing for Snowmageddon

It works as well as can be expected for a car that is used all year round and is often put away wet.

Only real rust problems seem to occur on the chrome parts so I will eventually replace bumpers, over-riders and mirror with stainless items.

Depressingly Brian if you go out into the garage and with a light in hand drop onto your knees and peer underneath the car you'll see a forest of droplets formed upon the underside of the car floors, chassis anywhere, so your replacement of chromes etc idea may need extending to some other bits also.

Mick Richards

Thanks all. Although my garage seems reasonably dry most of the time, having looked again at the various bubble/tent options (including TONS of views on these forums) I'm going to consider variously either the Carcoon Veloce, Cair-O-Port or AirChamber. Looks like all have pros/cons - alhough the Cair-O-Port has an attractive price from the TRR shop!

I haven't checked the dimensions but is it real-world practice to jack up a TR4 in one of those, with the bonnet up??

Thanks for indulging a newbie on this, i realise it's a long-trodden forum topic. In my case, for the past 20 years I've only had to garage a Westfield and they're tough little critters (basically a plastic shell on some alu on some 1-inch steel tubing). They'll probably be the only cars to survive the apocalypse, there will just be them and the cockroaches left to drive them. But the 4 is a princess and what TR wants, TR gets.