Finally got one!

After a lot of procrastination I took the plunge today and bought a friends TR6 - I know the car well

http://triumphwestoz.blogspot.com.au/2009/07/tr6-pushrod-fun.html

It was a complete bargain as Andy didn't really want to sell it but personal circumstances meant it had to go. Although really after a TR5 I decided that a early TR6 is probably the closest my wallet can stretch!

It is a Aus delivered 1969(?) PI car - Comm.No about CP257xx

Just need to clear a corner in the shed!!

Cheap too ;-) - not sure what state of madness it will reach but my wife wants to drive it too so I'd say fast road rather than "race".

Doesn't really want for much - has Quaife hubs , big vented discs and 4 pots, Revington springs and front / rear ARB's, TOYO R tyres, half cage, hard and soft tops. Also comes with glass fibre boot and bonnet but not sure I'll use them.

No idea on power output, Wade 444C 286 duration cam and 6-3-1 but probably needs a bit more CR - will dyno to get a baseline - goes OK

• 4 weeks later...

Actually got round to picking it up today and cleared a few cobwebs and plugs on the way home - anyway CP25768 in Signal Red is now sitting in the drive and ready for use. Might just have to find an excuse to use it for work tomorrow :-)

post-7373-0-77904500-1414331221_thumb.jpg

post-7373-0-89047300-1414331376_thumb.jpg

Thanks Tony - just need to sort the seating arrangement as the previous owner was a bit of an orangutan and modified the driving position accordingly - it even has a 10" steering wheel (and light steering !!! )

Edited by Mk1PI

Nope - 27psi. I have looked after this car since the late 90's and it has always had the best steering of any TR5 or 6 I have driven - wierd - that said I am getting a black 13" motalita so I can see the dials!!