Where to get US spec TR6 parts ?

At the risk of sounding like a complete ar*e, there really seems to be a certain skill to effective searching on ebay. I have to say that, in general, I do not find what i am looking for using the search engine at the top if the home page and, as a consequence, usually give up.

Does anybody know of a "duffers guide" to searching ebay listings efficiently?

Cheers

Paul

At the risk of sounding like a complete ar*e, there really seems to be a certain skill to effective searching on ebay. I have to say that, in general, I do not find what i am looking for using the search engine at the top if the home page and, as a consequence, usually give up. Does anybody know of a "duffers guide" to searching ebay listings efficiently?

Cheers

Paul

Try the "advanced" form you can enter what you're looking for in the "Title and description" part. Also reduce description to a minimum and use multiple titles, such as "TR manifold" "TR6 Stromberg" "Triumph Stromberg" etc, it will mean a lot of other stuff will pop but it will probably give you the best results. You can also "follow a search" you'll get an e-mail when something new is listed. Good luck.

Try the "advanced" form you can enter what you're looking for in the "Title and description" part. Also reduce description to a minimum and use multiple titles, such as "TR manifold" "TR6 Stromberg" "Triumph Stromberg" etc, it will mean a lot of other stuff will pop but it will probably give you the best results. You can also "follow a search" you'll get an e-mail when something new is listed. Good luck.

Thanks, Chris.

This too seems to give varying results. But I will persevere...

Cheers

Paul

I live in the UK and my Dad untill he passed had retired in Texas. He was very successful in getting a lot of what he needed from a company called JC Whitney http://www.jcwhitney.com/ for a variety of cars he restored over the years....

Keep in mind that there were two types of intake manifold fitted to NA cars. The one shown in the ebay listing is for 69-71 cars. The 73 to 76 manifold is a different style and the two are not interchangeable. The new ones seem to have been fitted from CC67893.