Tantalising!

Hi all, thought I would share this for no particular reason!

For a while other TR6 owners have scratched their heads at my slightly shabby 6's turn of speed - after all, it's a fairly standard CR series - you know the slow ones?!

I have had it 10 years and never driven another - so not sure how it compares really - certainly not going to embarrass it on a rolling road anytime soon.

So I checked the history file last night for the first time since I bought the car.

HAND WRITTEN RECEIPT - 1992: Colin Mathews, CTM "engine work" £200.

Wonder what he did to it!?

p.s I know the answer is probably 'not a lot' for £200 - just a bit of fun!

Michael

Hi Michael,

4 years ago this month I spent £320 on my 4A to make the engine happy.

When I got it home I had to undo all the paid for work and got it running a little better.

Sometimes money doesn't solve the issue no matter how little.

Roger

Edited by RogerH

We are talking around Present day value of £374 and labour costs were a wee bit cheaper back then. In that case "just a smidgin above not a lot"

No Fast Road cam and tuftrided crank then - damn! :rolleyes: Guess I'll have to keep dreaming!

Someone changed the diff ?

Nope - all standard there!

Must just be the colour - everyone knows yellow ones go faster! (they have to get away from the myriad of insects attracted to the colour).

Looking at the current state of the chassis - it might have been more wise to spend the £200 there..... :unsure:

All the best,

Michael.

Well, when I swapped my 4 for a CP6 back in 1972 it 'was' a very fast car compared to what was on the roads back then...I only seemed to have trouble from Jaguar XJ6's and the very occasional Lotus Elan.

Now, damn it, every little hatch-back is faster and goes around corners better...BUT they don't look as good or sound as nice ! :P