Sealing of rear deck to top wing gap

What do you use to join the rear wings to the rear deck.

Or use a small rubber beading trim strip, or fill with flexible filler and spray over.

Any proven methods welcome

Thanks

Rich

Edited by tr6wilts

Rich,

I had a similar problem with my 6.

Luckily mine was an early-ish '69 so the beading listed below was fitted to the early 6's..BUT if your not a stickler for originality then these are a good option.

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-715230

What I ended up doing was to carefully run a sharp blade down the line of the seam to break the paint between the rear deck and wing. Then loosen off the rear wing bolts so that your able to move the rear wing slightly.Keep working the blade down the gap until you can poke it all the way through (look under the rear wheel arch and you will see the blade come through). The more you can cut the paint rather than let it crack or pull off the better the paint will survive (if its worth saving).

Once you have a gap, and if the rust isnt too bad, treat the rust with some converter, and squirt plenty of underseal/fish oil in the gap and fit the beading.

The beading is wide enough to cover the gap and any minor paint blemishes.

Hope it helps.

Edit..found this old post where there is a nice pic of some to Stuarts handiwork :)

http://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/31531-rear-wing-seal/?p=231700

Edited by AndrewP