what is a Lucas 272 12v 33329B in bright yellow used for

Hi Chaps

Deep in my treasure chest I found taken from a previous Stag a Lucas relay as title, does anyone know what is is used for ??

thanks

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

The Lucas Equipment Specification and Service Parts Catalogue of 1971-72 shows this is a model 11RA fitted to the Stag and states Relay(dimmer)

So probably it has something to do with the instrument lighting...???

Also listed for the Triumph 1500, Spitfire 4 Mk IV and GT6 MK III - same use (dimmer).

Regards, Richard

It was from my UK Mk1 stag I am sure after market fixture and fitted in the boot. I removed it but it was ages ago so cannot recall how it was wired. The car did have a tow hitch.

Is it squarish in shape with 6 connectors a nut shaped moulding on the top?

If so its a night dimming relay for the rear lights as per my Dolomite Sprint fitted to 73 and 4 cars only.

When you put the sidelights on it dims the brake lights and rear flashers, might have been a good idea 40 years ago but today I think we need all the brightness we can get.

If you want wiring details I can dig them out I'm sure.

Edited by Len Hughes