Paul, the Tracker system I use does that too. It will text you immediately on you mobile phone if anyone tampers with your TR. You can also decide if you want a silent alarm or a noisy one. I was sitting in the grounds of a riverside pub some time back and was watching a couple of blokes near my car. Having observed a few furtive looks I decided they were sus. I dialed into my alarm from my mobile and told it to sound the alarm for 2 seconds...they didn't hang around.

Cheers

Tony

Hi Tony do you have details of this device as I'd like to look in to getting one for myself.

Mark

Edited by MRG1965

The best deterrent is a good agreed value insurance policy. Obviously It is a deterrent against fiscal loss and not the loss of the car. One has to face facts old cars cannot be effectively protected against theft, if BMW cannot protect their cars against theft (my neighbor had her brand new 60k BMW broken into without damage after just 3 weeks of ownership) then how can you effectively protect a car nearing 50 years old. Well there is a way and that is to keep an eye on it at all times.

I remember a thread a few years back where someone was griping that their insurance company would not insure their TR if it was left unattended with the roof down citing that he had always parked it with the roof down in the past.

I suppose on a pragmatic note the solution is a crook lock, discreet switch, battery switch, bonnet lock, security door lock replacing the existing door locks, tracker, gps, removable steering wheel (now that does work) and finally a fuel cock fitted under the car midway along the chassis rail. That is probably enough to deter the casual opportunist (and the owner from actually using it), but not the so called international criminal gangs.

Actually, it might be a good idea to retro fit the rusty panels you all took off the car when you restored it at least that way the passing international criminal will pass your car by and pick a nicer one!

Local paper carried an article this week regarding theft of a green TR4A from the Knebworth classic car show last weekend - reg no JLM800D. Don't know the owner but he must be gutted.

(Tried uploading a Word file (300kB) containing the article but apparently, I'm not allowed to upload this type of file!)

Local paper carried an article this week regarding theft of a green TR4A from the Knebworth classic car show last weekend - reg no JLM800D. Don't know the owner but he must be gutted.

(Tried uploading a Word file (300kB) containing the article but apparently, I'm not allowed to upload this type of file!)

Pierre,

Already discussed here.

http://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/48507-tr4a-irs-stolen-at-knebworth-last-weekend/

Cheers

Graeme