Demise Of The Road Tax Disc

Lovely, and I have just ordered the tax discs.

Bye the bye, what is the legal position of displaying an out of date tax disc (which they) even though after October they are not needed.

Keith

Lovely, and I have just ordered the tax discs.

Bye the bye, what is the legal position of displaying an out of date tax disc (which they) even though after October they are not needed.

Keith

Hi Alan,

The bonnet is leading me a merry chase at the mo. MOT still looking good for tomorrow.

See attached a pic of the ramps. It gives apprx 20" clearance underneath. They work OK and are more than strong enough. You do need to drive the car up them unless you could fit a winch to the front. I tried that once with a temporary arrangement and it worked well - must try and get a permanent arrangement.

Roger

attachicon.gifIMGP0596b.jpg

HI Roger, assuming you have not made this yourself, where can I get on of these? It looks like it folds up and looks like it could save me a lot time and messing about. And the kids a trip to the funfair!

And is that a radio aerial I can see on the rear bumper?

Oh and forgot to say, she looks fantastic.

Mark

Edited by MRG1965

The ramps are home made and they stack into each other like Russian dolls. I've not seen anything like them for sale.

The aerial is a Halfords external windscreen aerial. It would normally be fitted at an angle up the side of the windscreen frame.

The bottom is attached to a bracket and the cable up between the inner and outer rear wings.

The top of the aerial is attached to the upper light fitting screw using the plastic thingy supplied with the aerial.

Roger

Hi Peter,

it is an oldish pic. Sadly the chrome wires fell foul of salt water spray on a scottish tour a few years ago. I've now got pretend minilites in black - they also look good.

Hi Rob,

those ramps certainly look functional. Would be interesting to see how they stack when not in use.

Roger

Hi, yes they look very robust, I'd suspect they don't stack or fold down except the very end of the ramp. They also look like they don't over centre and need to be jacked up to lock the end poles, but vey nice, if only I had the space.

Mark

Great ramps similar to garage display ramps but I don't think they stack? Back to tax disks if it all now on the registration read via the plate, on all you cars you had better make sure they are well fixed on as I can see plate theft increasing as you'll now get MOT, insurance and tax by a simple switch??? :wacko:

Great ramps similar to garage display ramps but I don't think they stack? Back to tax disks if it all now on the registration read via the plate, on all you cars you had better make sure they are well fixed on as I can see plate theft increasing as you'll now get MOT, insurance and tax by a simple switch??? :wacko:

I doubt that would be the case since the number plate scan would also bring up the make and model of the car, owner etc etc it should be attached too. So I don't think the market will exist for the light fingered fraternity other than as souvenirs.

Alan

Hi plate theft is quite common, relatively speaking, but more for modern car ring gangs to pass off stolen cars, but that could be very easy too with ours cars thinking about it.

Mark

I know I'm being cynical, but would an ANPR operator really know the difference between ever car model, anyway we'll see :blink:

Roger, I suspect the 'Ladies' section of the forum may have something to say about the state of your hanging baskets, no structure in there !