TR4a Overdrive conundrum - please help!

Tried the simpler thing first and checked the isolator switch was tight - and it was. While I was there though I noticed that the spade connectors were very loose. I squeezed the spades tighter with pliers and refitted them, went for a test drive and hey presto, now goes into od on 2nd with no chattering of the solenoid. Still worked in 3/4th as well so I reckon that is now fixed. it must have been the vibration whilst driving that was making & breaking the voltage to the solenoid.

I gave the spades on the 3/4th switch and the reversing light switch a squeeze with the pliers as well for good measure to make sure they were tight while the gearbox cover was off. Whilst I was doing this I also noticed that one of the earth lead connections was hanging on by just a few strands and wiggling it would cut the solenoid in/out. So I also redid that connection with a new spade.

Thanks Pete & Chris for the pointer to the switch.

Jeff

Edited by JPD