Beaulieu Photo Shoot

Well, knock me down with a feather - the air in the tires and the oil in the engine ain't 1970 'vintage' - that's it, the bloody car has got to go! :rolleyes:

I'm glad you said 'pump' and not pimp Neil otherwise I would have to fit some 1970s furry dice and some blingy wheels! :lol::lol:

Cheers

Andrew

James,

Ahh, right - that's a photo from a different thread, hence confusion............

That's the 'body in white' number i.e. the number given to the white body before it was fitted to the chassis, Derek Graham (TR6 Registrar) had never seen one there before as usually on early TR6s it was fitted to the n/s inner wheel arch. Derek did some research here and on US forums and it seems the 'body in white' tag was fitted to the upper front valance on CP cars built between August and September 1970, why on so few is anyone's guess?

Maybe Derek will be along to give some better insight.

Cheers

Andrew

Mine's on the firewall...

I remember reading somewhere that they seemed to get randomly placed all over the shop.

Nice spoiler BTW ;)

Mine's on the firewall...

I remember reading somewhere that they seemed to get randomly placed all over the shop.

Nice spoiler BTW ;)

Yes, it would be Matt, this where the 'body in white' tag was fitted as an aluminium strip riveted under the chassis number to CR cars.

Cheers

Andrew

• 1 year later...

Looks like the book is finally published and available from next week. It's being advertised on the internet currently.

Triumph TR6: The Complete Story Hardcover – April 25, 2016

by David Knowles (Author)

Looks like the book is finally published and available from next week. It's being advertised on the internet currently.

Triumph TR6: The Complete Story Hardcover – April 25, 2016

by David Knowles (Author)

Hi Alex,

I spoke with David a number of weeks ago and he wasn't aware it was being advertised on Amazon, particularly as the publication date is July.

Cheers

Andrew

Well that's quite a long wait from today, isn't it? I ordered my copy with Amazon and guess what, I received an email message this morning stating this book has been delayed!

Ho hum!

Alan

Oh and btw Andrew I have to agree with Neil....... dump the spots and the spoiler. Now consider thyself suitably rebuked ! Oh and another thing I love Saffron and just bought one in that colour.

Boring reds and blues are as common as muck in my view anyway.

All the best to you Andrew

Alan

Oh and btw Andrew I have to agree with Neil....... dump the spots and the spoiler. Now consider thyself suitably rebuked ! Oh and another thing I love Saffron and just bought one in that colour.

Boring reds and blues are as common as muck in my view anyway.

All the best to you Andrew

Alan

Hi Alan,

Nah, sorry - the spots and the spoiler were fitted by the first owner in 1970 and 73 respectively and are part of the car's story.

As for Saffron, it's grown on me too and I read in TRAction that Derek is going to try and put together a photo-call at Lincoln of Saffron TR6s, now that would be a very nice sight.

Best regards

Andrew