Beaulieu Photo Shoot

Hi Folks,

My TR6, along with Peter Beer (Mimosa) and Alex Bianchi's (Pimento) rather nice 6's, was used today for a photo shoot at Beaulieu Motor Museum for a forthcoming book called 'TR6 The Untold Story' by David Knowles, to be published in the Spring. Now you know why I've been cleaning it so thoroughly recently! :D

The weather held off for the most part with just light showers during the day, but the car got it first soaking since about 1975 as tipped down on the way home! :rolleyes:

These are my pictures of the day - Tim Woodcock's, the official museum photographer, photos will be much better!

10369573_10202851286978422_7565766850527

1908078_10202851287178427_22231666848547

10330429_10202851289618488_1018330704883

10592696_10202851287498435_1908517734605

10577149_10202851288538461_7962405042790

10568782_10202851287818443_6031920511249

10551106_10202851289378482_2797317098409

Cheers

Andrew

Edited by Andrew Smith

Hi Andrew

Well done you kept that one quiet! :)

Cheers

Mike B)

P.S. PM sent

Thanks Mike,

Cleaning 44 years of dirt and grime off the car was back-breaking at times but rewarding - I think the effort was worth it and yes, it was difficult to keep quiet, particularly for me!! :D

Thanks to Stuart and Paul Harvey for their tips and advice on preserving what I have - still a bit to do yet.

Cheers

Andrew

Edited by Andrew Smith

Very nice car, good for you ;-)

I like the position of the start key and the absence of a radio in the dash.

Thanks Willem,

Who needs a radio in a TR anyway, the exhaust is music enough - that said, the last owner fitted a 6-CD changer in the boot.

Here's one I would play though - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrbni0tVBZ8

Cheers

Andrew

Whats with the spoiler?

Where are the mudflaps

Te he

Guy

Ho, hum - the old mud flaps gig........ :D

The front spoiler was fitted by the first owner in about 1973/4 to make to car appear newer, so it's now part of the car's history - I suppose like TR2/3 owners replacing the apron with the 3/3A's.

Cheers

Andrew

The front spoiler was fitted by the first owner in about 1973/4 to make to car appear newer, so it's now part of the car's history - I suppose like TR2/3 owners replacing the apron with the 3/3A's.

It should not be on the car

As I said above...........

Cheers

Andrew

"It should not be on the car"

Bollocks. It's been there 40 years, that's good enough.

As for the mudflaps, I still have a pukka pair on the shelf, Andrew . . . . .

As for the mellow yellow . . . . Jasmine was bad enough, pale pouffe yaller. Mimosa was worse, excess of Italian battle honours. I've owned cars in both colours, for my sins. But Saffron looks like the low flying aftermath of a world class vindaloo. Pass the shades, any shades . . .

Cheers

Alec

"It should not be on the car"

Bollocks. It's been there 40 years, that's good enough.

As for the mudflaps, I still have a pukka pair on the shelf, Andrew . . . . .

As for the mellow yellow . . . . Jasmine was bad enough, pale pouffe yaller. Mimosa was worse, excess of Italian battle honours. I've owned cars in both colours, for my sins. But Saffron looks like the low flying aftermath of a world class vindaloo. Pass the shades, any shades . . .

Cheers

Alec

::::::::::::::::::::

Alec

Succintly put!

No, you're safe with the mud flaps thanks pal - but hang onto them as one day...........

As for the reference to Saffron as the aftermath of a low flying vindaloo - all I will say in the car's defence is that you can't polish a turd! :D

:::::::::::::::

Jwykes - I'm guessing 'John'?

As for red, I don't blame you as the various shades of red and blue are probably the most popular colours

Not sure what you're referring to about a body stamped plate above the front grille - the only thing above the front grille is the bonnet.........?

Cheers both

Andrew

Edited by Andrew Smith

No Radio! Agree, who wants to hear anything other the music from them there twin pipes...But whats the Ariel for then?

Agree with Niel, get rid of the Spoiler...and those Spot lamps whilst you're at it!

Edited by Denis

....................Saffron looks like the low flying aftermath of a world class vindaloo. Pass the shades, any shades . . .

Alec,

Message from the LHc who disagrees with your analogy above - Bev says it's more like her chicken pasanda! :D

Who needs a radio in a TR anyway, the exhaust is music enough - that said, the last owner fitted a 6-CD changer in the boot.

No Radio! Agree, who wants to hear anything other the music from them there twin pipes...But whats the Ariel for then?

Agree with Niel, get rid of the Spoiler...and those Spot lamps whilst you're at it!

Denis,

You must have missed my comments above - the CD changer has a radio, hence the aerial. :rolleyes:

As for removing the spoiler and spot/fog lamp - I'm afraid you get the same response Alec gave Neil, which was 'bollocks'!! :)

forensic.jpg

This one ain't going to be a car magazine!

looks more like it is for the Forensic Lab.

Hope you have been a good boy since you got it, and have been wiping your shoes before each drive.

Jimbo,

Not sure what Tim was taking a picture of down there, possibly the carpet and underfelt?

No, no need to wipe my feet as I change into a pair of carpet slippers for driving. :D

Cheers all,

Andrew

Edited by Andrew Smith

attachicon.gifTR6 grille plate.jpg

Andrew

This is the plate I noticed on your car. Should this be fitted to all TR6's?

regards

James

James,

Ahh, right - that's a photo from a different thread, hence confusion............

That's the 'body in white' number i.e. the number given to the white body before it was fitted to the chassis, Derek Graham (TR6 Registrar) had never seen one there before as usually on early TR6s it was fitted to the n/s inner wheel arch. Derek did some research here and on US forums and it seems the 'body in white' tag was fitted to the upper front valance on CP cars built between August and September 1970, why on so few is anyone's guess?

Maybe Derek will be along to give some better insight.

Cheers

Andrew