The TR6 is coming along nicely........

Hi Folks,

Had a very productive weekend cleaning up the TR6 and fitting the NOS STANPART seat belts for a special project (more about that when it happens). I must admit that cleaning the car of 44 years of grim is very rewarding (and tiring), but I've been enjoying the process and getting to know, understand and appreciate the car for what it is.

10552624_10202805760000276_3076285612591

10436203_10202805758320234_4534334190548

10521839_10202805758800246_8916969252289

10389647_10202805760640292_7174930200012

10565267_10202805761520314_8590225550326

10590625_10202805761720319_6358107813881

Cheers

Andrew

Looks like you have found another very good buy, especially with my number plate. Like the colour as well, you will be giving Marko a run for his money soon.

lovely car.

Looking good Andrew, :)

I think I would be fitting a battery clamp before you have to make an emergency stop!

Cheers

Graeme

Looks like you have found another very good buy, especially with my number plate. Like the colour as well, you will be giving Marko a run for his money soon.

lovely car.

Thanks Pete,

Yes it is a very good car, but this one found me - I think Marko is safe!

Your number plate? - what, are you 640?

Looking good Andrew, :)

I think I would be fitting a battery clamp before you have to make an emergency stop!

Cheers

Graeme

Thanks Graham,

Fear not, the battery was fitted loose for cleaning - I'm changing the battery for a black Lucas one (70amp/550CCA), but won't forget to refit the clamp.

Lovely Jubbly! I don't suppose you'll end up selling that too quickly!!!

Cheers

Ian

Thanks Ian,

No, this one is a bit special - but never say 'never'.

Cheers all

Andrew

Looking great Andrew, just some NOS mudflaps to fit and jobs a good un :ph34r:

Cheers

+1

Andy, Mike

Good call chaps, how could I have forgotten - maybe I can modify these 'NOS' ones on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triumph-2000-Triumph-1300-Mudflaps-Genuine-Stanpart-/221500158298?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item339270315a .................looks like someone has already started! :D

$_57.JPG

Cheers, and I honestly mean that! -_-

Andrew

Is that a spec of dust on one of the seat covers? I'm afraid that won't have been there from the factory. It devalues the car completely, but don't worry Andrew I will take it off your hands free of charge :D

Enjoying these pictures, thanks for sharing. Wouldn't mind one of the inside of the scuttle air intake flap if you get chance as I'm working on restoring the flap to a CP that had it taken off and replaced with the grille at some point, and it'd be nice to see the innards of a well preserved original car's.

Wow Andrew! You've got a nice one there.

Cheers

George

Ohh, errr misses! :o

George thats what Bev says!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Sorry could I could not resist it :ph34r::ph34r:

Cheers

Mike

Mike,

Never trust pillow-talk :D - see you Thursday.

Is that a spec of dust on one of the seat covers? I'm afraid that won't have been there from the factory. It devalues the car completely, but don't worry Andrew I will take it off your hands free of charge :D

Enjoying these pictures, thanks for sharing. Wouldn't mind one of the inside of the scuttle air intake flap if you get chance as I'm working on restoring the flap to a CP that had it taken off and replaced with the grille at some point, and it'd be nice to see the innards of a well preserved original car's.

Richard,

:D - that's a very kind offer, now let me think.............. :rolleyes:

I'll take a photo and post it in a day or so.

Cheers all,

Andrew

Richard,

Hope this helps:

10556337_10202867315379122_9190631476618

Cheers

Andrew

The car is a thing of beauty Andrew, have no idea how you manage to find these gems. Looks good in that colour too.

Hope it has the grunt to keep up with Bald Rick on the way back from the pub near the cricket ground.

Jimbo,

Yes I do and yes it is - the colour changes and comes alive when the sun is on it; it's a bit like the two-tone tonic suite I used to wear as a skinhead - bugger, did I just admit to that!

As for Baldrick's car, he wouldn't stand a chance - we must have a drag!

Cheers

Andrew

Edited by Andrew Smith

Coming along nicely........ most certainly is Andrew.

It was a real pleasure to see this remarkable time warp example yesterday.

The photos dont do it justice, it is really amazing how well preserved & original it is.

My comment to Andrew, "Should you ever decide to sell this should be purchased by the register to preserve & cherish a real investment for the future"

I look forward to seeing it at Malvern where others can appreciate your find!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks for the tea again.

Cheers

Mike B)