Sign in to follow this  
Norfolkjohn

Classic Car & Aviation Photography

After years of posting my pictures on various web sites including Flickr I've finally set up my own site to display some of the pictures I take and allow people to buy prints of them (if they want to).

The content is limited at the moment but I will be building it up over the coming months. The site is, and always will be, completely free for people to browse.

Here is a link to the site : http://www.flyingcarsphotography.co.uk/

If you like old aeroplanes and classic cars I think you will find a few of the images interesting.

Enjoy !

JA

Hi Tom - Many thanks. Glad you like them.

Check back once in a while as I will be adding lots more in the future. At some point I also hope to include scans of some of the airliner and military aircraft shots I took 30 years back - but I think that will be a bit of a winter project !

Cheers - JA

Hi John, As you I'm a fan of vintage airplanes, cars and photography to a certain extend . A great site you created and it was a pleasure for me to see this great airplanes.

Next weekend I will attend a yearly fly in in my area, it's open to vintage airplanes cars and military vehicles.

You might have a look at the site, google for ..Schaffen Fly In... just hope the weather is reasonable for the planes to fly in :huh:

As a fan of old airliners you probably know the .. Propliner Magazine... with great pictures from the past.

Did you shoot the air to air pictures yourself...??? :rolleyes:

Hi Jean,

Glad you liked the site.

Schaffen is a great event. Never had the opportunity to attend but have seen some amazing pictures taken by others. I also hope the weather is good next weekend as we have the DH Moth Club Rally at Woburn.

Not quite sure I followed the comment about air-to-air pictures. All the shots on my web site were taken from the ground.

That said I have done some air-to-air stuff in the past. Was lucky enough to get up in a Yak 52 some years back for an A-To-A shoot but have mainly been in the back of an Vans (RV4 or RV8) which is hard work due to the canopy. Not done anything recently though.

Have fun at Schaffen :)

JA

No critics John, Some pictures gave me the impression that they were taken from a chase plane. If not you must have used a tripod and a huge, expensive lens for shots of that quality :rolleyes:

Hi Jean,

No tripod but I do use quite a good quality lens. Canon 100-400mm F4L which has image stabilisation - which does help :).

Cheers

John

I see you have protected the images on your website from copying but someone could still print screen and copy to photoshop. You may wish to put watermarks on the photos that appear in the public domain to protect them better.